My Devices :
- LG P880
- using bootloader ESA-XXX.
I am newbie with this android stuff, and Yesterday I was trying to root this device. The step was like this :
And then I continue to unlock my device bootloader with this step :
(It's actually written on Bahasa Language - Indonesia, so I'll translate it to here..)
1. Download Terminal Emulator for android.
2. Type "su root" (without quotes)
And type cat /sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved >/data/local/tmp/odm_reserved (beware of space)
3. Download and use Root Explorer to find "odm_reserved" file which is should be under "/data/local/tmp/" directory.
4. After that, click on it and Open in text editor.
5. Replace existing number inside into : 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000040000000c8 and Save the changes.
6. Go Back to terminal Emulator and type : echo /data/local/tmp/odm_reserved >/sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved
7. Go to your settings > Developer Option > Debugging Mode (Checklist it)
8. Plug your android devices to the PC using USB cable and choose Charging Mode.
9. type adb devices to check wheter the devices is detected or not.
10. type adb reboot bootloader (after this your devices will stuck at LG logo screen)
11. type fastboot oem unlock.
12. wait for a few second and your android devices will showing a letter "now ready" at the top corner of the screen.
13. Plug out your usb cable from the devices and take out the phone battery.
14. take in the battery again and power on your devices.
15. After that, type 3845#*880# and check the bootloader unlock status. if it was unlock then you're successful unlocking your bootloader.
I dont know wheter this is the good step or not to unlock the boot loader though it does can unlock my bootloader.
And after that I'm trying to Install CWM , the step was i like this :
1. Download LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk
2. Install LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk in your 4x HD.
3. Dont open, instead reboot your LG devices.
4. After that Open LG 4X Recovery from Menu.
5. Choose Install 4X Recovery, and choose " Grant " in popup menu for Superuser
6. If it was succeed there will be a letter mention that "Instalation Succes"
At the first try , I'm going to LG Boot Recovery Mode by pressing "Power Button" + "Vol Down (-)" to make sure there will be CWM mode there. But I didnt find anything it's still the same as before installing CWM. Then Choosing Reboot Your devices.
At the second try, I'm just want to logged back to my devices (Just press power button), And it end up stucking at LG Logo screen.
I am very panicked and desperately want my devices back to normal.
I blindly start another tutorial for installing CWM, instead of resolved the first problem. I'm following this step :
Download recovery image from XDA Developer Forum Download
On command Prompt do :
adb reboot oem-unlock ENTER
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ENTER
fastboot reboot ENTER
And now when I'm press Power button + Vol Down, there's no LG Recovery Menu as previous try, There are just Gboot Menu there.
Gboot menu :
1) Clockworkmod Touch 184.108.40.206
2) Team Win Recovery Project
3) Aroma File Manager
The Current status of My Phone was :
1. I can turn on my phone but stuck at LG Logo Screen
2. Press Power Button + Vol Down / Vol Up = Gboot Menu.
3. For using adb command and fastboot command are still possible, device is still detected on my PC when i'm running adb devices.
4. I have try to wipe cache partition and wipe data / factory reset, still have the same problem.
5. I'm sure now, there's no problem while I was Rooting, and Unlocking Bootloader. since below output explain it clearly.
C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.0
(bootloader) version: 0.4
(bootloader) serialno: 015d43ecc348100d
(bootloader) mid: 001
(bootloader) product: X3
(bootloader) secure: no
(bootloader) unlocked: yes
(bootloader) partition-size:recovery: 0x0000000000a00000
(bootloader) partition-type:recovery: emmc
(bootloader) partition-size:boot: 0x0000000000a00000
(bootloader) partition-type:boot: emmc
finished. total time: 0.269s
The Issue was resolved,
Caused by : Installing a wrong version of CWM (Supposed to be JB , Instead I'm Installing ICS 2nd-init).
Resolved by :
1. Go ahead and flash custom roms, you have working recoveries. --> I still dont know How to do this one at the current. hha
2. Reflash stock from KDZ. --> I'm picking this one by following a few part of this thread : URL Inside Forum