Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Stuck at Boot Screen After Installing CWM

Tip us?

Hiderisha
Old
(Last edited by Hiderisha; 9th June 2014 at 12:24 PM.) Reason: Update Current Status and Solved at Tittle
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [SOLVED] Stuck at Boot Screen After Installing CWM

Hi

My Devices :
- LG P880
- v20A
- using bootloader ESA-XXX.

I am newbie with this android stuff, and Yesterday I was trying to root this device. The step was like this :
It was succeed, after 2 times restarting my devices (this step to make sure nothing bad happened to my device), I can use 'su root' command at adnroid terminal emulator.

And then I continue to unlock my device bootloader with this step :
Quote:
(It's actually written on Bahasa Language - Indonesia, so I'll translate it to here..)
1. Download Terminal Emulator for android.
2. Type "su root" (without quotes)
ENTER
And type cat /sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved >/data/local/tmp/odm_reserved (beware of space)
ENTER
3. Download and use Root Explorer to find "odm_reserved" file which is should be under "/data/local/tmp/" directory.
4. After that, click on it and Open in text editor.
5. Replace existing number inside into : 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000040000000c8 and Save the changes.
6. Go Back to terminal Emulator and type : echo /data/local/tmp/odm_reserved >/sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved
ENTER
7. Go to your settings > Developer Option > Debugging Mode (Checklist it)
8. Plug your android devices to the PC using USB cable and choose Charging Mode.
9. type adb devices to check wheter the devices is detected or not.
10. type adb reboot bootloader (after this your devices will stuck at LG logo screen)
11. type fastboot oem unlock.
12. wait for a few second and your android devices will showing a letter "now ready" at the top corner of the screen.
13. Plug out your usb cable from the devices and take out the phone battery.
14. take in the battery again and power on your devices.
15. After that, type 3845#*880# and check the bootloader unlock status. if it was unlock then you're successful unlocking your bootloader.

I dont know wheter this is the good step or not to unlock the boot loader though it does can unlock my bootloader.
It was succeed, after 2 times restarting my devices (this step to make sure nothing bad happened to my device), I can see bootloader unlock status = unlock when I dial 3845#*880#.

And after that I'm trying to Install CWM , the step was i like this :
Quote:
1. Download LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk
2. Install LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk in your 4x HD.
3. Dont open, instead reboot your LG devices.
4. After that Open LG 4X Recovery from Menu.
5. Choose Install 4X Recovery, and choose " Grant " in popup menu for Superuser
6. If it was succeed there will be a letter mention that "Instalation Succes"
This is where the problem begin, after Installing this CWM I'm trying to restart my devices 2 times (this step to make sure nothing bad happened to my device),

At the first try , I'm going to LG Boot Recovery Mode by pressing "Power Button" + "Vol Down (-)" to make sure there will be CWM mode there. But I didnt find anything it's still the same as before installing CWM. Then Choosing Reboot Your devices.

At the second try, I'm just want to logged back to my devices (Just press power button), And it end up stucking at LG Logo screen.
I am very panicked and desperately want my devices back to normal.

I blindly start another tutorial for installing CWM, instead of resolved the first problem. I'm following this step :
Quote:
Download recovery image from XDA Developer Forum Download
On command Prompt do :

adb reboot oem-unlock ENTER

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ENTER

fastboot reboot ENTER

http://tedsign.wordpress.com/2013/03...ot-gboot-menu/

Quote:
And now when I'm press Power button + Vol Down, there's no LG Recovery Menu as previous try, There are just Gboot Menu there.
Gboot menu :
1) Clockworkmod Touch 6.0.3.0
2) Team Win Recovery Project
3) Aroma File Manager
4) Fastboot
5) Reboot
I can access CWM Menu from there, but i dont know what to do afterwards.

The Current status of My Phone was :
1. I can turn on my phone but stuck at LG Logo Screen
2. Press Power Button + Vol Down / Vol Up = Gboot Menu.
3. For using adb command and fastboot command are still possible, device is still detected on my PC when i'm running adb devices.
4. I have try to wipe cache partition and wipe data / factory reset, still have the same problem.
5. I'm sure now, there's no problem while I was Rooting, and Unlocking Bootloader. since below output explain it clearly.

Quote:
C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.0
(bootloader) version: 0.4
(bootloader) serialno: 015d43ecc348100d
(bootloader) mid: 001
(bootloader) product: X3
(bootloader) secure: no
(bootloader) unlocked: yes
(bootloader) partition-size:bootloader:
(bootloader) partition-type:bootloader:
(bootloader) partition-size:recovery: 0x0000000000a00000
(bootloader) partition-type:recovery: emmc
(bootloader) partition-size:boot: 0x0000000000a00000
(bootloader) partition-type:boot: emmc
(bootloader) partition-size:system:
(bootloader) partition-type:system:
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:
all:
finished. total time: 0.269s

UPDATE :

The Issue was resolved,
Caused by : Installing a wrong version of CWM (Supposed to be JB , Instead I'm Installing ICS 2nd-init).

Resolved by :
1. Go ahead and flash custom roms, you have working recoveries. --> I still dont know How to do this one at the current. hha
2. Reflash stock from KDZ. --> I'm picking this one by following a few part of this thread : URL Inside Forum

tabator
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi, may i suggest u to flash V20BLGP880 europe open firmware through kdz files, and then use some of tools to for rooting, CWM, etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to tabator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hiderisha
Old
(Last edited by Hiderisha; 9th June 2014 at 09:36 AM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabator View Post
Hi, may i suggest u to flash V20BLGP880 europe open firmware through kdz files, and then use some of tools to for rooting, CWM, etc...
Quote:
Hello sir,

I actually want to do that before starting to do something else with my device, but I dont know what is the side effect if I upgrade firmware to Europe version. Since I dont know exactly what was the default firmware (EUR or ESA) of my phone (i have 2 times go to service center coz some issue after accidentally drop my phone, and they said they're flashing it to a new firmware.)

Anyway, I dont know how to flash it now, since The device is not detected at LG PC Suite, it just detected on adb / fastboot tools when i typed adb devices or fastboot devices.

Probably because the last time i turn off the device, i didn't turn off debugging mode and set charging mode as default mode ??
So, what do you think I have to do now sir ? Is it possible flashing into europe version by adb / fastboot tools ???
And how about the side effect ?
UPDATE :

I can access S/W Upgrade state on my phone by pressing Vol down button before plug in USB Cable to my phone.
And Now, I'm trying to flash it into ESAXXX firmware, If it's work and I can access my phone again, I'll try to flash it again into EURXXX firmware.

Please kindly advice with the side effect sir.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11005

DONATE TO ME
Everything works perfectly, but you have a broken stock rom. You can't fix it easily, your data will be lost. You shouldn't have installed ICS 2nd-init CWM. It isn't compatible with JB. Why did you do it anyway? You already followed the right rooting tutorial. Also, I suggest you install a real recovery instead of Gbootmenu.
You have two options now: go ahead and flash custom roms, you have working recoveries or reflash stock from KDZ as it was already suggested. The latter will erase Gbootmenu and you'll have to reinstall custom recovery.
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam77Root For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hiderisha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
Everything works perfectly, but you have a broken stock rom. You can't fix it easily, your data will be lost. You shouldn't have installed ICS 2nd-init CWM. It isn't compatible with JB. Why did you do it anyway? You already followed the right rooting tutorial. Also, I suggest you install a real recovery instead of Gbootmenu.
You have two options now: go ahead and flash custom roms, you have working recoveries or reflash stock from KDZ as it was already suggested. The latter will erase Gbootmenu and you'll have to reinstall custom recovery.
Hi Adam,

Thanks in advance for your reply. I am so glad to know that someone like you replying in my newbie thread.
You're right after reflash stock from KDZ everything works fine except one, ALL OF MY DATA WAS LOST though I'm not regrets anything.
Well No Pain , No Gain.

Oh ya, about the CWM.. how did you check it , the version of the application should be installed ?
Dont tell me, you're open it on somekind of discburner apps ? and seeing the note inside ?
Because, I dont have any of it, hha. New PC problem, dont have enough apps that I actually needed.

And could You please kindly tell me what if I installing a EURXXX firmware on my phone that probably using ESAXXX firmware ?
I was searching many thread since yesterday , and I find out that many of tutorial was beginning from EURXXX firmware and many state that other type of firmware is not compatible for unlocking bootloader by official way..

p.s. :
- I have prepared for the worst case scenario , so I have backed up all my data to my PC, so that I Just simply restore it back to the phone.
- Now I wanna try to install EURXXX firmware as my new Firmware, and then start rooting, unlock bootloader, and installing CWM once more. haha, this is Freaking Fun !!

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 739
Forget eur xxx and esa xxx, its almost identical, you can flash back and forth without issues.

You need latest cwm or twrp. You can find latest packages here in threads on our subforum (check the dates of threads so you dont flash ancient version) .

You will probably get .img file. You can then flash that file from adb to proper partition, or from fastboot, or via terminal emulator.

You have unlocked bootloader and stock rom, now only thing you need to do is root it and install latest custom recovery

Good luck
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

Hiderisha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear View Post
Forget eur xxx and esa xxx, its almost identical, you can flash back and forth without issues.

You need latest cwm or twrp. You can find latest packages here in threads on our subforum (check the dates of threads so you dont flash ancient version) .

You will probably get .img file. You can then flash that file from adb to proper partition, or from fastboot, or via terminal emulator.

You have unlocked bootloader and stock rom, now only thing you need to do is root it and install latest custom recovery

Good luck
Wow You're so amazing,
So strike to the point, I got what You mean, I'll do it right away, right here and right now

First, because I have reinstall it using KDZ updater, I'll start to root my devices once more.
After that, Unlock the boot loader.
Then, and install CWM (newer version this time that support JB).
Then I'm ready to go with ProBam RoM, since what i've heard from the other that ProBam is one of the best P880 Custom ROM that ever exist.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11005

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiderisha View Post
After that, Unlock the boot loader.
It's already unlocked, don't have to do it again.
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!

Hiderisha
Old
(Last edited by Hiderisha; 10th June 2014 at 09:42 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
It's already unlocked, don't have to do it again.

Oh ya, You're right it's unlocked already. Oh ya, I've done rooting my phone.
is there any Recommended Custom ROM from You ? I actually need something fast, a good (just good is enough) taste in design, and it still have an active team that willingly to support a newbie like me,. hhe.

UPDATE :
Found One, I'll update later. thanks sir.
VANIR - [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] Vanir Nightlies | Faster than the average ROM