Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 49,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with 4G LTE

Tip us?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane spade View Post
I did, no luck

I've tried using LTE only with Network settings and sometimes get LTE to stick but no cell signal available then.

Kinda pissed right now, because I did use *228 and that might be it. It worked fine on stock and AOSP for a long time but I switched phones with my wife and did *228, got a new SIM card and worked but tried *228 to update roaming
That's what did it
.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2667189
Check that out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arcane spade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
That's what did it
.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2667189
Check that out

Well F me Verizon. Thanks! At least now I know and I can fix this. Thank you for solving this problem - with rooted, flashed 1k times, warranty voided I was afraid I was stuck with 3G forever. Hopefully the Verizon store doesn't care that my phone is rooted, they got a little inquisitive last time.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well F me Verizon. Thanks! At least now I know and I can fix this. Thank you for solving this problem - with rooted, flashed 1k times, warranty voided I was afraid I was stuck with 3G forever. Hopefully the Verizon store doesn't care that my phone is rooted, they got a little inquisitive last time.
No they don't care. Just if you make you feel better throw MDK back on there and freeze SDM but I've been in there for Sims running Liquid Smooth. Nothing they can do. Especially just for a Sim. That's a separate issue.

That post said someone had called them and explained and they fixed it without going into the store

scrillakev
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default iesboor sent

Quote:
That damn *228 option. At least you know its not something thats broken forever. ;] Hope it works out for you man.

arcane spade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrillakev View Post
That damn *228 option. At least you know its not something thats broken forever. ;] Hope it works out for you man.
Got it working, did what someone suggested in that other thread and IM'd verizon and asked them to push PRL update to my phone, a few minutes later LTE!!!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Got it working, did what someone suggested in that other thread and IM'd verizon and asked them to push PRL update to my phone, a few minutes later LTE!!!
Glad you got it working again