Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 49,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with 4G LTE

Tip us?
 
Mistertac
Old
#11  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,559
Posts: 3,369
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane spade View Post
I did, no luck



I've tried using LTE only with Network settings and sometimes get LTE to stick but no cell signal available then.



Kinda pissed right now, because I did use *228 and that might be it. It worked fine on stock and AOSP for a long time but I switched phones with my wife and did *228, got a new SIM card and worked but tried *228 to update roaming
That's what did it
.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2667189
Check that out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
arcane spade
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
That's what did it
.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2667189
Check that out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Well F me Verizon. Thanks! At least now I know and I can fix this. Thank you for solving this problem - with rooted, flashed 1k times, warranty voided I was afraid I was stuck with 3G forever. Hopefully the Verizon store doesn't care that my phone is rooted, they got a little inquisitive last time.
 
Mistertac
Old
#13  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,559
Posts: 3,369
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane spade View Post
Well F me Verizon. Thanks! At least now I know and I can fix this. Thank you for solving this problem - with rooted, flashed 1k times, warranty voided I was afraid I was stuck with 3G forever. Hopefully the Verizon store doesn't care that my phone is rooted, they got a little inquisitive last time.
No they don't care. Just if you make you feel better throw MDK back on there and freeze SDM but I've been in there for Sims running Liquid Smooth. Nothing they can do. Especially just for a Sim. That's a separate issue.

That post said someone had called them and explained and they fixed it without going into the store

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
scrillakev
Old
#14  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 53
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hollis, NY
Default iesboor sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane spade View Post
Well F me Verizon. Thanks! At least now I know and I can fix this. Thank you for solving this problem - with rooted, flashed 1k times, warranty voided I was afraid I was stuck with 3G forever. Hopefully the Verizon store doesn't care that my phone is rooted, they got a little inquisitive last time.
That damn *228 option. At least you know its not something thats broken forever. ;] Hope it works out for you man.
 
arcane spade
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrillakev View Post
That damn *228 option. At least you know its not something thats broken forever. ;] Hope it works out for you man.
Got it working, did what someone suggested in that other thread and IM'd verizon and asked them to push PRL update to my phone, a few minutes later LTE!!!
 
Mistertac
Old
#16  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,559
Posts: 3,369
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane spade View Post
Got it working, did what someone suggested in that other thread and IM'd verizon and asked them to push PRL update to my phone, a few minutes later LTE!!!
Glad you got it working again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more