Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at vibrating boot-loop

Tip us?

Bronando
Old
(Last edited by Bronando; 1st June 2014 at 06:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck at vibrating boot-loop

So I was trying to upgrade my phone from rooted stock samsung Froyo to gingerbread using Mobile Odin Pro. I loaded up the Gingerbread Oneclick (I897UCKJ3_noBL.exe) to mobile odin. It was taking too long at the "flashing kernel" screen so i turned it off. When I turned it back on a sound of a female robot voice said "(something) data partition backup operation 10 minutes" I waited 10 minutes to see what would happen but it got stuck on a bootloop with weird colors running off the screen and making little vibrations.

I get no samsung logo, only att logo. I can get into download mode, but not to recovery. Any help to fix this would be appreciated, thanks.

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,481

DONATE TO ME
This... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bronando
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2ndtwin View Post
This... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

I'm confused, what should I do with this?

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,481

DONATE TO ME
U said u could only get into download mode. The one clicks i linked to are the official Android 2.3.5 gingerbread i897uckk4 release. They will do a full wipe. U have a choice of using Odin or Heimdall one clicks. But in the end this that i linked should get u out of ur problem and back to a working phone with official stock 2.3.5 gb. Instructions r included in the Read Me in the download.

The Following User Says Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronando View Post
So I was trying to upgrade my phone from rooted stock samsung Froyo to gingerbread using Mobile Odin Pro. I loaded up the Gingerbread Oneclick (I897UCKJ3_noBL.exe) to mobile odin. It was taking too long at the "flashing kernel" screen so i turned it off. When I turned it back on a sound of a female robot voice said "(something) data partition backup operation 10 minutes" I waited 10 minutes to see what would happen but it got stuck on a bootloop with weird colors running off the screen and making little vibrations.

I get no samsung logo, only att logo. I can get into download mode, but not to recovery. Any help to fix this would be appreciated, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronando View Post
I'm confused, what should I do with this?
The problem here is that you flashed the non-bootloaders version. There is a bootloaders upgrade from Froyo to GB. Which is why you saw the weird colors.

Use the link 4-2ndtwin linked and get the KK4 with bootloaders (in the 3rd post). Make sure it is not interrupted when you flash it!!!!
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,472

DONATE TO ME
Closed at OP's request.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe