Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at vibrating boot-loop

Tip us?

Bronando
Old
(Last edited by Bronando; 1st June 2014 at 06:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck at vibrating boot-loop

So I was trying to upgrade my phone from rooted stock samsung Froyo to gingerbread using Mobile Odin Pro. I loaded up the Gingerbread Oneclick (I897UCKJ3_noBL.exe) to mobile odin. It was taking too long at the "flashing kernel" screen so i turned it off. When I turned it back on a sound of a female robot voice said "(something) data partition backup operation 10 minutes" I waited 10 minutes to see what would happen but it got stuck on a bootloop with weird colors running off the screen and making little vibrations.

I get no samsung logo, only att logo. I can get into download mode, but not to recovery. Any help to fix this would be appreciated, thanks.

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
This... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bronando
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2ndtwin View Post
This... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

I'm confused, what should I do with this?

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
U said u could only get into download mode. The one clicks i linked to are the official Android 2.3.5 gingerbread i897uckk4 release. They will do a full wipe. U have a choice of using Odin or Heimdall one clicks. But in the end this that i linked should get u out of ur problem and back to a working phone with official stock 2.3.5 gb. Instructions r included in the Read Me in the download.

The Following User Says Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1672

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronando View Post
So I was trying to upgrade my phone from rooted stock samsung Froyo to gingerbread using Mobile Odin Pro. I loaded up the Gingerbread Oneclick (I897UCKJ3_noBL.exe) to mobile odin. It was taking too long at the "flashing kernel" screen so i turned it off. When I turned it back on a sound of a female robot voice said "(something) data partition backup operation 10 minutes" I waited 10 minutes to see what would happen but it got stuck on a bootloop with weird colors running off the screen and making little vibrations.

I get no samsung logo, only att logo. I can get into download mode, but not to recovery. Any help to fix this would be appreciated, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronando View Post
I'm confused, what should I do with this?
The problem here is that you flashed the non-bootloaders version. There is a bootloaders upgrade from Froyo to GB. Which is why you saw the weird colors.

Use the link 4-2ndtwin linked and get the KK4 with bootloaders (in the 3rd post). Make sure it is not interrupted when you flash it!!!!
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Closed at OP's request.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe