Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC ONE won't power one. Blinking home and back button

OP Erv92

9th June 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e
9th June 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,410

9,655 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv92

I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e

Broken power button?
9th June 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Broken power button?

I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.
9th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,410

9,655 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.

Are you holding it long enough?

Try holding volume down and power for like 20-30 seconds.
9th June 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 480

1,433 posts
Donate to Me
More
You call HTC support? Have you ever s-off our unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
9th June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 29

114 posts
More
Quote:

I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis

I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.

Thanks everyone. Once the battery hit 70% it turned on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread