Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC ONE won't power one. Blinking home and back button

Tip us?

Erv92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC ONE won't power one. Blinking home and back button

I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv92 View Post
I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e
Broken power button?
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

Erv92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
Broken power button?
I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.
Are you holding it long enough?

Try holding volume down and power for like 20-30 seconds.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
You call HTC support? Have you ever s-off our unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

durgis
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Erv92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis View Post
I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.
Thanks everyone. Once the battery hit 70% it turned on.