Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Corrupt /data partition?

Tip us?

jonnug
Old
(Last edited by jonnug; 9th June 2014 at 02:10 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Corrupt /data partition?

Hi all,

Just here hoping one of you who is proficient in these matters can be an absolute legend and help me out.

Ever since I had my Moto G I've had trouble with making nandroid backups - it always fails at the /data stage. In addition, I have only been able to get into recovery via adb reboot recovery. Formatting /data in recovery makes no difference.

I've also had trouble with -24 errors on installing apps. I'm aware that the solution is to delete the previous installation files from /data/data, but I am unable to delete them! (I can rename them as a workaround, but it's not a proper solution.)

All of this leads me to think that the /data partition has become corrupted. Is anyone else having this problem, and do any of you have any possible solutions? I'm still hoping that this fixable via software and isn't a hardware fail - like any xda-er, my warranty lasted literally seconds...

Thanks in advance!
Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 12.8 Victoria Sponge

Fede37
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm no proficient expert, but have you tried reflashing the stock firmware? If you want it, you can get it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR PHONE. Good luck buddy!

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Fede37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonnug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I have indeed, it failed to flash! Downloaded a few times, and the md5 always checked out, so the file was solid.

CM11 flashed ok, and currently on Sk.D's excellent stock-based rooted Rom, but the problem persists.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

interessant
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to interessant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonnug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by interessant View Post
Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk
Thanks but no luck - Titanium reports a success but the data is still there! Must be something up with the partition...

jonnug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Looking at some other threads, some people on other devices are using the e2fsck command to check the integrity of the file system.

Can anyone walk me through this - syntax of the command as well as which block the /data partition is mounted as?