Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Echo problem for my caller. I don't have any...

Tip us?

inzuno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Audio [Q] Echo problem for my caller. I don't have any...

Hello,

I just bought a brand new S4 Active and I am very upset with an echo issue for my correspondents but not for me.
When I remove back cover or if I activate loudspeaker, echo disappears for my correspondent.
I have tried unsuccessful configurations with noise reduction enabled and disabled, personalise call sound options...

I think there is two microphones, one in the bottom and one on the top.
Maybe that only one (top one) is activated when loudspeaker is on, and when it is deactivated both of them are enabled (the one on the top to reduce noise environment and the bottom one for voice)
Maybe that this is just a software issue?

Does anyone have the same problem?
And does anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks!
Actual phones:
Samsung galaxy S4 Active
LG Optimus LTE P936 (Nitro HD)
Two HD2 with thermal problems :'(
HTC Touch cruise

Old phones:
HTC Touch HD

endl3ssx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I also own an S4 Active, congratulations on your purchase!
Unfortunately, this is a very common problem with this type of phone.
I sell phones and I sold S4 Actives in pretty large quantity, an I found this problem on a lot of them.
This is usually a problem caused by dropping the phone in the water, but if you phone is new from your carrier/shop then it's a factory issue.

The problematic thing which needs to be addressed or changed are the capacitors around the microphone, the top one, because that is the microphone used for noise reduction. You can replace the capacitors, buy some and resolder them yourself or take it to a repair service.

But if you bought your phone new and is under warranty, I would recommend taking it to warranty, as opening it and changing the capacitors WILL void your warranty.
The folks over at your purchase place should be able to fix this for you, as I believe this issue is covered in the warranty conditions.

Good day to you!
Tags
echo