Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ViperOne won't boot

Tip us?

awkwardness
Old
(Last edited by awkwardness; 9th June 2014 at 07:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ViperOne won't boot

I've got the AT&T HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, TWRP recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, just shows the white screen with HTC logo and red text, and then reboots. At that point, I'm able to use ADB to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?

Tried flashing .img with fastboot and .zip with TWRP, both cause boot loop.

GohanBurner
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardness View Post
I've got the AT&T HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, TWRP recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, just shows the white screen with HTC logo and red text, and then reboots. At that point, I'm able to use ADB to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?

Start from the first release and do the OTA Updates up to 1.6.0.

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardness View Post

fastboot erase cache
load recovery and choose advanced wipe, choose cache, dalvik, data, system. NOT int or ext.
reinstall