Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZAGGkeys Cover keyboard working with Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Tip us?

ElCamino
Old
(Last edited by ElCamino; 31st March 2014 at 01:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default ZAGGkeys Cover keyboard working with Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Hopefully ZAGG releases a keyboard like the one for the iPad Air. Since the iPad Air is almost same specs in size and thickness I decided to get the ZAGGkeys Cover Bluetooth Keyboard. Works great only con is, the short cut keys are specific for the Android OS and at times the keyboard disconnects or for some reason a letter gets stuck and you get a few letters.

Here is a video of the ZAGGkeys Cover with the Galaxy Note 10.1

http://youtu.be/DMAhRmfTLYA

The Following User Says Thank You to ElCamino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lotus49
Old
Thanks Meter 10
That does look very nice. I have been thinking about buying one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-...3D161261699812 but it does have one big drawback in that the angle is fixed.

I don't think I shall hold my breath waiting for Zagg though. The Note 2014 has not been a big seller and isn't well-supported by accessory manufacturers unfortunately.

ElCamino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
That does look very nice. I have been thinking about buying one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-...3D161261699812 but it does have one big drawback in that the angle is fixed.

I don't think I shall hold my breath waiting for Zagg though. The Note 2014 has not been a big seller and isn't well-supported by accessory manufacturers unfortunately.

Yeah, don't see ZAGG releasing a ZAGGkeys cover keyboard type for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 anytime soon. I agree on the current aluminum keyboards only having the fixed angle.

teoboz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question Do you still advise this keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino View Post
Hopefully ZAGG releases a keyboard like the one for the iPad Air. Since the iPad Air is almost same specs in size and thickness I decided to get the ZAGGkeys Cover Bluetooth Keyboard. Works great only con is, the short cut keys are specific for the Android OS and at times the keyboard disconnects or for some reason a letter gets stuck and you get a few letters.
@ElCamino
Thank you for the perfect presentation. I want to buy one and just wanted to be sure. Do you have any problem with this keyboard? I can make slight modifications to avoid pressing the home button or something. Other than that if there is any problem I would like to have your advise?
Some advised to keep the Bluetooth visible all the time to avoid disconnects . Does that worked with you or you still have the disconnection problem ?

ElCamino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoboz View Post
@ElCamino
Thank you for the perfect presentation. I want to buy one and just wanted to be sure. Do you have any problem with this keyboard? I can make slight modifications to avoid pressing the home button or something. Other than that if there is any problem I would like to have your advise?
Some advised to keep the Bluetooth visible all the time to avoid disconnects . Does that worked with you or you still have the disconnection problem ?
No problem. .. about the keyboard. I use it pretty much daily. About the only thing that really happens is that the Bluetooth disconnects from the Note 10.1 2014 Edition while I am typing. But this doesn't happen all the time. There is times when it does it 3 times when typing long emails or documents. I have gotton use to this, so most of the time I just quickly slide the on/off button on the keyboard and connects right up again and I continue where I left off. You can say that I have learned to live with this since I know this keyboard is meant for the iPad Air, fits nicely with the Note 10.1. I really like the ability to tilt the tablet to almost any angle. Still hoping that ZAGG or maybe Logitech will produce a keyboard like this. I haven't found a way to keep the keyboard from disconnecting.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ElCamino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]