Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 44,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question regarding G2 and Bad Esn sprint one.

Tip us?

berz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default Question regarding G2 and Bad Esn sprint one.

After reading stuff i figured that all G2's are world phones.
Im From india and my question is that if i get a G2 of ebay sprint one with a bad ESN, since it cant be activated on sprint again which is a given.
Now my question is can buy the phone and use it with a regular GSM sim card from india ?
If yes what would i need to do to use the phone if it has a Bad ESN.

Any kind of answer would be helpful thanks a ton

berz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Help

NicoC72
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I don't think a Sprint G2 would work in India, sorry. Sprint is a US carrier and uses CDMA instead of GSM. However, the international D802 model should work fine. The ESN is attached to the phone and not the carrier anyway, so no matter what carrier your on it won't activate.
Samsung Rant > LG Optimus V > HTC Sensation 4G > LG G2 D801

daCLOUD
Old
Thanks Meter 43
The Sprint G2 is not factory unlocked for international GSM usage. It is an international capable device though (GSM 850/900/1800/1900). If the seller is not specifically stating that the phone has been unlocked for international use then it will not work in India. Only Sprint can unlock the phone and if your not the owner of the phone with an active line with Sprint they wont unlock it for you plain and simple. I would recommend to save your self a big hassle and buy the international G2 D802.

berz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by daCLOUD View Post
The Sprint G2 is not factory unlocked for international GSM usage. It is an international capable device though (GSM 850/900/1800/1900). If the seller is not specifically stating that the phone has been unlocked for international use then it will not work in India. Only Sprint can unlock the phone and if your not the owner of the phone with an active line with Sprint they wont unlock it for you plain and simple. I would recommend to save your self a big hassle and buy the international G2 D802.
Cool thanks a ton

daCLOUD
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by berz View Post
Cool thanks a ton
No problem, I forgot to mention that the Verizon G2 is factory unlocked for GSM service. You could buy a BAD ESN Verizon G2 and put in your India GSM sim card and it would work with no unlocking necessary. I'm not sure what band you need for LTE, but HSPA+ should work.

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4918

DONATE TO ME
Question answered, thread closed
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe