Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I've fallen and I can't get up!

Tip us?

bethesdaadk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethesdaadk View Post
I did not flash the radio. I may have been confused, but I thought I didn't need to because I was S-On, not S-Off. At this point, it doesn't matter though, so I'll try it.

Do I need to go through the same steps as flashing the firmware?

Relock.
rebootRUU

Or can I just fastboot flash the radio?

Thanks.
Never mind. I used the OTG file and TWRP. I have a welcome screen! That's a first!

Will report back shortly.

bethesdaadk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Never mind. I used the OTG file and TWRP. I have a welcome screen! That's a first!

Will report back shortly.
System is up and running the stock 5.X rom. Interestingly, it immediately wanted me to upgrade to Sense 6. However, because I had the TWRP recovery installed, it would just reboot into TWRP.

I figured it would need a stock recovery image in order for the over the air update to install. I had what I thought was a proper stock recovery image, so I flashed it and then told the update to install. It rebooted and started the install, but I got the dreaded Red Triangle. So, I was able to reboot the phone and it came back up in 5.X. I'm assuming that I had the wrong stock recovery image in order for the update to install.

Therefore, I suppose if I want the Sense 6, I'll need to flash the new firmware and apply the m7wls_Stock_Rooted_5.03.651.3_Odex_2.zip rom to the phone.

Or can you provide a link for the proper recovery image that would allow this update to install?

In the meantime, I ran a TWRP backup to freeze what I have in place.

Finally, much thanks for helping me to get myself back to where I have a viable phone. I learned a lot. Hopefully, I'll remember at least some of the lessons.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7609

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
System is up and running the stock 5.X rom. Interestingly, it immediately wanted me to upgrade to Sense 6. However, because I had the TWRP recovery installed, it would just reboot into TWRP.

I figured it would need a stock recovery image in order for the over the air update to install. I had what I thought was a proper stock recovery image, so I flashed it and then told the update to install. It rebooted and started the install, but I got the dreaded Red Triangle. So, I was able to reboot the phone and it came back up in 5.X. I'm assuming that I had the wrong stock recovery image in order for the update to install.

Therefore, I suppose if I want the Sense 6, I'll need to flash the new firmware and apply the m7wls_Stock_Rooted_5.03.651.3_Odex_2.zip rom to the phone.

Or can you provide a link for the proper recovery image that would allow this update to install?

In the meantime, I ran a TWRP backup to freeze what I have in place.

Finally, much thanks for helping me to get myself back to where I have a viable phone. I learned a lot. Hopefully, I'll remember at least some of the lessons.
All Sprint M7 stock recoveries
http://d-h.st/oa2

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

bethesdaadk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
All Sprint M7 stock recoveries
http://d-h.st/oa2
I went ahead and installed the ViperOne Custom Rom and the install went well. I noticed your poll and I answered yes - you helped me save my phone.

BTW, I notice that the last two roms have YouTube apps that no longer seem to be working over WiFi. This seems to be happening elsewhere - apparently due to flash changes. Suggestions?

bethesdaadk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I went ahead and installed the ViperOne Custom Rom and the install went well. I noticed your poll and I answered yes - you helped me save my phone.

BTW, I notice that the last two roms have YouTube apps that no longer seem to be working over WiFi. This seems to be happening elsewhere - apparently due to flash changes. Suggestions?
Post weekend update. I suspected that the ViperOne Sense 6 rom wasn't working as well as it could since I had not flashed the newest firmware. Using the steps before, since I am S-On rather than S-Off, I relocked the phone and then updated the firmware, and then re-unlocked the phone again. The HTCDev site is very fast in providing the binary file.

I then re-flashed the ViperOne rom and now You Tube is working correctly. Pandora was also skipping through every song after 1 second - and that now works correctly as well.

Hopefully, others will see this chain and this will help them get unstuck as well.

Thanks again.