Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tracfone S780L Mega root?

Tip us?

mr_kill_666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Tracfone S780L Mega root?

so i recently acquired a tracfone branded mega. i popped it open and saw i527 marking on the MB and DB so i though it was just a rebranded att mega but its not. i tried rooting with kingo and no go, it just fails every time. Has anyone dealt with this phone as of yet? there is no info off of google or anywhere. the phone is a SM-S780L

any help would be useful.

rmarinella
Old
Thanks Meter 19
You need to enable dev mode and then usb debugging

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

mr_kill_666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
this isnt my first android phone i have rooted, so i know that it needs to have USB debug turned on.

starmaster10
Old
(Last edited by starmaster10; 13th May 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kill_666 View Post
so i recently acquired a tracfone branded mega. i popped it open and saw i527 marking on the MB and DB so i though it was just a rebranded att mega but its not. i tried rooting with kingo and no go, it just fails every time. Has anyone dealt with this phone as of yet? there is no info off of google or anywhere. the phone is a SM-S780L

any help would be useful.
Sounds like a Korean model to me and all the info I seen on this is that it is not launched yet..could you take some pics of this phone as rooting it could be harder to do...unless you try the recoveries from @Silesh.Nair post in his signature as you can use odin and see if it will work that way.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

mr_kill_666
Old
(Last edited by mr_kill_666; 14th May 2014 at 03:57 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vobhp9lps...SqubYNGhND7oOa

here are a few pictures. also, its on 4.2.2 and it has knox security

besides kingo what other ways are there to root? the Odin files you mentioned only?

starmaster10
Old
(Last edited by starmaster10; 14th May 2014 at 07:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vobhp9lps...SqubYNGhND7oOa

here are a few pictures. also, its on 4.2.2 and it has knox security

besides kingo what other ways are there to root? the Odin files you mentioned only?
Check this link here and go into the recoveries folder and choose which recovery you want to use and get the .tar file of the recovery you choose and flash that .tar file with odin..theae are from @Silesh.Nair stuff.

See how those recoveries will work for you to root the device.

Oh and by the looks of your pics you should not have knox..butt the kernel it shows it might have knox though as it looks the same as mine..as a way to check that is go into the download mode by having phone off and hold the power and vol-down button until the phone vibrates and release and when the warning screen appears push the vol-up button and you should now be in the download mode and see if there are two lines that have one line that says knox kernel and other line says knox warranty appear..if not then knox is not present in your phone.

If the above key combo does not work include pressing the home key with the other two at the same time.

mr_kill_666
Old
(Last edited by mr_kill_666; 14th May 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
i uploaded a pic of my download screen to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vobhp9lps...SqubYNGhND7oOa , and there is know kernel and warranty lines.

so if i install one of the recoveries and it doesnt work, could i be screwed since there arnt any tar files of this phones original recovery, right?

also, how could i pull the complete firmware/kernal/tar from this phone to upload and share it.

beyrooteh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
i uploaded a pic of my download screen to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vobhp9lps...SqubYNGhND7oOa , and there is know kernel and warranty lines.

so if i install one of the recoveries and it doesnt work, could i be screwed since there arnt any tar files of this phones original recovery, right?

also, how could i pull the complete firmware/kernal/tar from this phone to upload and share it.
hi, did u ever get to unlock the phone ?

mr_kill_666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
No i have not been able to unlock. I ordered a unlock code and still it will not accept it. Im guessing it could be cdma like sprint with a sim port. Its weird since it has att model marking on the motherboard.