Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked S7582

Tip us?

yourpolicyrocks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked S7582

Hi everyone,

I unnecessarily set myself up for a lot of trouble with the S7582 (Samsung Galaxy Duos) and am now trying to get out of it (but my hopes are dimming).

I installed "Chainfire 3D" on my phone, not realizing that it was meant for Android 2, but not for Android 4. As a result, the phone will not boot anymore now. I tried to recover via ADB, but since I didn't have USB debugging enabled, I am getting an "unauthorized" error message.

Any more ideas? I read somewhere that "authorization" is only necessary with Android 4.2 and up, so I am wondering if I might be able to get my hands on a compatible Android 4.1 version, e.g. for the S7562, but then again I don't want to destroy the phone even further. I am assuming that at this point, wiping it all and returning it to factory settings would still work, but that would still be pretty bad because it would also mean wiping several important phone numbers and some other data which I will not be able to recover otherwise.

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated!

yourpolicyrocks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am currently downloading a stock version of the regular S7582 firmware, and plan to install it via Recovery (from zip file on external SD). I am hoping that this will remove the problematic drivers from /system while keeping my /data partition.

Another issue is that I rooted my phone following instructions on a certain website, and I went through the instructions to set USB debug mode and install CWM recovery. Yet, when I boot into recovery mode, I can only see stock recovery with very limited options, plus, when I try to connect via adb, I get a "device unauthorized" error with no available options to confirm on my phone.

I am wondering at this point if, before flashing a full rom, I would be better off trying to reinstall CWM recovery. Needless to say, I would only try this if it doesn't wipe my phone (unfortunately, I could not find any info on this).

Once again, any help greatly appreciated.

yourpolicyrocks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
In case anyone else encounters a similar problem - I ended up reflashing CWM recovery via Odin. That didn't wipe any data.

Next I used adb to rename the Chainfire libraries according to these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2362873&page=2

Phone working again - ton of time lost, but no data.

yourpolicyrocks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
PS: And a note to the admins: the crystal ball by which you arbitrarily exclude real humans from signing up to these forums sucks. Above all, your default text adds insult to injury. Why not at least write something nice, like "We understand that you want to register at our beautiful forums quickly, and are really sorry for the inconvenience caused." Or do you seriously believe you must act tough on the random bot caught in the act?