Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC switches off and screen brightness not working

Tip us?

krowley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC switches off and screen brightness not working

Hello,

Yesterday when I was done working and got my phone from my locker, I opened an app and immediately
the screen went black and appearantly the phone had switched itself off. I turned it back on wondering why
it did this, but as soon as it had started up and the home screen appeared, it turned itself right back off.
I tried turning it back on about 7 or 8 times until the battery ran out and I could not try anymore.
When I got home I put it on the charger and fortunately the phone stayed on, however the top of the screen
seemed to be 'trembling' a bit and some pixels were changing from light red to dark red to light red etc. (my home screen is red)
I decided to leave it charging overnight and when I woke up, the trembling had disappeared. I took it off the
charger and after scrolling through my Facebook news feed, found that battery percentage was decreasing quite
quickly considering it's on power saver mode. I thought it might be that the screen brightness is too high, so I went
to settings and tried to adjust the screen brightness, however it is not responding? My screen brightness stays
exactly the same no matter whether I increase or decrease it, and when I was doing that the phone switched itself
off again. I put it back on charge now and turned it back on, but I am quite annoyed about this issue because I
do not know what it is and my phone is only 5 months old. I hope any of you can shed some light on the situation.

Summary of the issues:

- Phone switching itself off
- Screen trembled yesterday
- Battery decreasing quickly
- Brightness setting not working

Info about the phone:

- HTC One X 5 months old
- Android 4.2.2
- No adjustments made to the phone with rooting or any of that

Thanks!

TTG TriCkSh0tZz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Must be a hardware failure if you havent changed anything software-wise
Is it overheating?
Is it under warranty?

dove9213
Old
Thanks Meter 1
And other sensors are working? But like TTG TriCkSh0tZz said , use your warranty if you can.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app