Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T mobile USA - Connecting Problem

Tip us?

shahabk818
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default T mobile USA - Connecting Problem

I have tmobile when inserted the simcard in my z2 I've noticed that I'm not getting any internet connection so i went to Setting/wireless and networks/internet setting and downloaded all the files then I went to mobile netword and changed it to 4G Tmobile, starting that day I keep losing connection every time I have to go to mobile network and change it manually although it's set on automatic, most of teh times 4g doesn't work and I have to set it to 3g... it's really annoying
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-05-01-09-45.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2781643  

Sony Xperia Z2 - Stock
iPhone 5s - Sold
Google Nexus 4 - Paranoid Android 3+
Amazon Kindle Fire 1th Gen - CM10.1
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - SOLD
iPhone 4 - SOLD
HTC MyTouch 3G Slide - CM7.2

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
In your dial pad type in *#*#info#*#* (numbers for info)

Go to phone info
Scroll down
Select prefered network mode
Select LTE or an option for local with

Go back to your network settings and see if 4G shows up

If not change your mode back to what it was before and call tmobile because they may have to sort some issues out for you

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shahabk818
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
now whatever I'm doing I can't get data connection

Sony Xperia Z2 - Stock
iPhone 5s - Sold
Google Nexus 4 - Paranoid Android 3+
Amazon Kindle Fire 1th Gen - CM10.1
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - SOLD
iPhone 4 - SOLD
HTC MyTouch 3G Slide - CM7.2

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabk818 View Post
now whatever I'm doing I can't get data connection
go to your network settings, when tmobile USA shows up with 4G click it to register, once thats done, go back a menu and click on network mode and change it to LTE/HSPDA/GSM (or what ever bands are used in USA)

you should have data connection but 4G depends on how good Tmobile USA Coverage is

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 60
You may need to call TMo and ask them to do whatever they do in the backend to reset the phone to network connection. Another thing is to look at TMo support site for the correct APN settings. In my case, data was perfect but MMS would not work because the phone settings were incorrect. Basically, call TMo. They will even email you the settings.

One last thing. Try airplane mode off then on and see it that helps.

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503
The Following User Says Thank You to Q.Entity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sango2
Old
(Last edited by Sango2; 6th June 2014 at 07:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabk818 View Post
I have tmobile when inserted the simcard in my z2 I've noticed that I'm not getting any internet connection so i went to Setting/wireless and networks/internet setting and downloaded all the files then I went to mobile netword and changed it to 4G Tmobile, starting that day I keep losing connection every time I have to go to mobile network and change it manually although it's set on automatic, most of teh times 4g doesn't work and I have to set it to 3g... it's really annoying
One thing I would do, is to call T-Mobile and register the IMEI so they can provision the unit. The settings on their end may have something which is preventing it to connect to it based on a previous phone's capabilities.
-----------------

I had something similar similar but it was with AT&T. In my case, it would not connect to LTE at all as it would stick on HPSA. This was because I had a S3 (UK version), which was only capable of HSPA+, and I had registered the IMEI with them prior.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sango2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwarlosEstavez
Old
(Last edited by SwarlosEstavez; 7th June 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I had a lot of problems getting my Z2 to work on T-Mobile as well. I finally used the following settings to get everything to work.

Create 2 APNs, the first should have the Following Settings:
Name: T-Mobile
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/
MMS proxy: 216.155.165.50
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: defaul,supl,admin,dun,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

Now create a second APN with the following settings:
Name: T-Mobile GPRS
APN: epc.tmobile.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

With both of those created, go to your list of APNs and make sure your first one (T-Mobile) is selected.

These settings fixed my problems, hope you get it worked out.

Alant514
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango2 View Post
One thing I would do, is to call T-Mobile and register the IMEI so they can provision the unit. The settings on their end may have something which is preventing it to connect to it based on a previous phone's capabilities.
-----------------

I had something similar similar but it was with AT&T. In my case, it would not connect to LTE at all as it would stick on HPSA. This was because I had a S3 (UK version), which was only capable of HSPA+, and I had registered the IMEI with them prior.
I had a similar issue, is that why my phone doesn't have signal with tmobile cause I have to register the IMEI?

Sango2
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alant514 View Post
I had a similar issue, is that why my phone doesn't have signal with tmobile cause I have to register the IMEI?
It is likely, make sure the internet/mms settings are downloaded too.

Once the IMEI is registered, they will able to see what phone it is and enable the proper features which the phone is capable of.

I heard it's best to let them know as the IMEI as well because they could flag the unauthorized phones and reject it from being connected the carrier.