Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Newbie but rooted, just a couple of questions :)

OP bloodyniceben

7th June 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi, I'm new here and new also to rooting etc.

I have successfully unlocked and rooted my M7 and using TWRP recovery.

I am under the impression you can't update OTA when rooted, I would like a standard ROM with sense 6, but I just have a couple of questions....

1. Could someone supply a link to the best stable Sense 6 ROM suitable for an unlocked UK M7?

2. Could you also explain how to install the ROM using some not too technical language

Thanks for your help

Ben

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hobart
Thanks Meter: 113

727 posts
More
I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..
7th June 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerg

I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..

So I download the zip file on my computer, where do I save it on my phone, bearing in mind it doesn't have an SD card?

Thanks for your help by the way

Sent from my HTC One
7th June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 74

201 posts
More
Just place it on the internal memory of the phone. Don't put it in any folders. Then boot into TWRP, select "Install zip from SD card" (the internal space paritition is labelled as "sdcard" due to the way android works), find the zip and install it.
7th June 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Awesome, I guess I don't delete the original ROM then?

Ben

Sent from my HTC One
8th June 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hobart
Thanks Meter: 113

727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyniceben

Awesome, I guess I don't delete the original ROM then?

Ben

Sent from my HTC One

You would be well advised to make a back up of your original rom first. If something goes wrong you can go back to it, may be hard to find it on the web if you dont.
8th June 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 98

594 posts
More
Best advice. Do a nandroid backup of your Rom now and try a few different ones. Personally I like android revolution hd. If you are going to try that use twrp 2.6.3.3. It doesn't like other versions very much

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th June 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
All done and appear to have no problems so far, using Renovate SixthSense Milestone 2.3.0

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions

Ben
9th June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

72 posts
More
Well, I have been using Viper One which is super stable and has got a lot of tweaks... Worth trying. The other one is the InsertCoin ROM

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

10 posts
I know you've asked for sense roms, but I would definitely give some aosp roms a try. I've always liked aosp better. That said, it seems like development for this phone leans more towards sense based roms and definitely sense kernels. Only a couple of aosp kernels to choose from. I'm new to this phone (switched to Tmo a couple months ago and didn't want to buy a new phone on payments), but I was disappointed to see that after being out for a year the aosp development was somewhat lacking.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread