Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie but rooted, just a couple of questions :)

Tip us?

bloodyniceben
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Newbie but rooted, just a couple of questions :)

Hi, I'm new here and new also to rooting etc.

I have successfully unlocked and rooted my M7 and using TWRP recovery.

I am under the impression you can't update OTA when rooted, I would like a standard ROM with sense 6, but I just have a couple of questions....

1. Could someone supply a link to the best stable Sense 6 ROM suitable for an unlocked UK M7?

2. Could you also explain how to install the ROM using some not too technical language

Thanks for your help

Ben

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

twerg
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..
O is NOT a Number!

Phones owned: Sagem MC922, Ericsson A2618, Motorola E365, Sony Ericsson Z600, Imate Jam, Nokia 6110 Navigator, Sony Ericsson W980, Sony Ericsson X1i, Sony Ericsson X10i, HTC Desire HD, Nokia N8, Samsung Galaxy Note - whats next?... HTC One (x2 LOL)

bloodyniceben
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerg View Post
I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..
So I download the zip file on my computer, where do I save it on my phone, bearing in mind it doesn't have an SD card?

Thanks for your help by the way

Sent from my HTC One

KiraYahiroz
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Just place it on the internal memory of the phone. Don't put it in any folders. Then boot into TWRP, select "Install zip from SD card" (the internal space paritition is labelled as "sdcard" due to the way android works), find the zip and install it.
HTC One M7 - Sense 6.0, Android 4.4.2, Stock Kernel - Active
Google Nexus 10 - Android 4.4.4, Stock Kernel - Active
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - CyanogenMod 11.0, Android 4.4.4, CM 11.0 Kernel - Semi-Active

bloodyniceben
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome, I guess I don't delete the original ROM then?

Ben

Sent from my HTC One

twerg
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyniceben View Post
Awesome, I guess I don't delete the original ROM then?

Ben

Sent from my HTC One
You would be well advised to make a back up of your original rom first. If something goes wrong you can go back to it, may be hard to find it on the web if you dont.
O is NOT a Number!

Phones owned: Sagem MC922, Ericsson A2618, Motorola E365, Sony Ericsson Z600, Imate Jam, Nokia 6110 Navigator, Sony Ericsson W980, Sony Ericsson X1i, Sony Ericsson X10i, HTC Desire HD, Nokia N8, Samsung Galaxy Note - whats next?... HTC One (x2 LOL)

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Best advice. Do a nandroid backup of your Rom now and try a few different ones. Personally I like android revolution hd. If you are going to try that use twrp 2.6.3.3. It doesn't like other versions very much

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bloodyniceben
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
All done and appear to have no problems so far, using Renovate SixthSense Milestone 2.3.0

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions

Ben

iBalajiS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well, I have been using Viper One which is super stable and has got a lot of tweaks... Worth trying. The other one is the InsertCoin ROM

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

triadd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I know you've asked for sense roms, but I would definitely give some aosp roms a try. I've always liked aosp better. That said, it seems like development for this phone leans more towards sense based roms and definitely sense kernels. Only a couple of aosp kernels to choose from. I'm new to this phone (switched to Tmo a couple months ago and didn't want to buy a new phone on payments), but I was disappointed to see that after being out for a year the aosp development was somewhat lacking.