Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't send MMS with wifi enabled

Tip us?

xanderharris86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Can't send MMS with wifi enabled

So I've seen this asked multiple times with no answer, hopefully someone knows something they haven't posted? (Or I didn't find?)

I can't seem to send MMS messages unless I disable wifi.

No, mobile data is not shut off, it is working perfectly fine. I can even receive MMS with no issue, but SENDING doesn't happen until I disable wifi. I can sit with it enabled for a few minutes, disable it, and it will immediately send. I tried the goSMS/Handcent trick, no luck.

I've had this issue for months, but honestly I don't send THAT many mms messages where it's an issue, so I forget to ask usually. Has anyone found a decent fix for this?

xnatex21
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderharris86 View Post
So I've seen this asked multiple times with no answer, hopefully someone knows something they haven't posted? (Or I didn't find?)

I can't seem to send MMS messages unless I disable wifi.

No, mobile data is not shut off, it is working perfectly fine. I can even receive MMS with no issue, but SENDING doesn't happen until I disable wifi. I can sit with it enabled for a few minutes, disable it, and it will immediately send. I tried the goSMS/Handcent trick, no luck.

I've had this issue for months, but honestly I don't send THAT many mms messages where it's an issue, so I forget to ask usually. Has anyone found a decent fix for this?
I have the same issue. I typically just toggle off wifi until it sends and then toggle it back on. Annoying, I know. But, I've done factory resets and had the same issue come back eventually which leads me to think an app that gets automatically downloaded is the culprit. I'm on 4.3 TW rooted w/ locked bootloader (god bless replacements).

xanderharris86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnatex21 View Post
I have the same issue. I typically just toggle off wifi until it sends and then toggle it back on. Annoying, I know. But, I've done factory resets and had the same issue come back eventually which leads me to think an app that gets automatically downloaded is the culprit. I'm on 4.3 TW rooted w/ locked bootloader (god bless replacements).
I was able to find a fix after searching for a while... at least for MY version of the problem. I rebooted into TWRP and "fixed permissions" and then it started working fine again... at least for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to xanderharris86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blunt31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you're still having this issue, it could be your APN. That seems to be a common issue with mms not working properly.

I had the same issue with my GS3 after I installed MOAR. I tried everything including checking my APN with no success. Eventually I replaced my secmms.apk with a port from the Note 3 and it worked fine after that.

Are you rooted? Running custom rom?