Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note 3 need help (Canada)

OP thejorodan

9th June 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So i have a Canadian Galaxy Note 3 (Sm900w8) and i decided to root it. It is the first thing i've rooted so i'm a total noob. I wanted to get rid of some of the samsung bloatware so i deleted it with some app but it wouldn't let me restore it after. Only then did i realize that i wouldn't be able to receive ota updates so i want to find out how to get it back to stock when the day comes that the next update for the note 3 comes. So i did a factory reset thinking that it would bring back the stuff i deleted which it obviously didn't. I've been told that i have to "Flash the factory image" or something like that so i've been looking for the stock firmware for my carrier but i just cant find it. My carrier is MTS ( a manitoba carrier). If someone could please tell me where to find the firmware for MTS and maybe walk me through how to flash it that would be amazing! keep in mind i'm a total noob
9th June 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35

249 posts
More
Try Samsung-updates.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
thanks
thanks
10th June 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua

Try Samsung-updates.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the reply! the website you gave has a bunch of firmware options but none of them are carrier specific. what exactly has to match for it to be compatible? the version of the firmware on the website matches the baseband version on my phone, is that all that needs to match?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread