Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 need help (Canada)

Tip us?

thejorodan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Note 3 need help (Canada)

So i have a Canadian Galaxy Note 3 (Sm900w8) and i decided to root it. It is the first thing i've rooted so i'm a total noob. I wanted to get rid of some of the samsung bloatware so i deleted it with some app but it wouldn't let me restore it after. Only then did i realize that i wouldn't be able to receive ota updates so i want to find out how to get it back to stock when the day comes that the next update for the note 3 comes. So i did a factory reset thinking that it would bring back the stuff i deleted which it obviously didn't. I've been told that i have to "Flash the factory image" or something like that so i've been looking for the stock firmware for my carrier but i just cant find it. My carrier is MTS ( a manitoba carrier). If someone could please tell me where to find the firmware for MTS and maybe walk me through how to flash it that would be amazing! keep in mind i'm a total noob

pushkardua
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Try Samsung-updates.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please click the "THANKS" buttom if I helped you...If I Helped you ALOT, Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

tvsizle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

thanks

thejorodan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua View Post
Try Samsung-updates.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the reply! the website you gave has a bunch of firmware options but none of them are carrier specific. what exactly has to match for it to be compatible? the version of the firmware on the website matches the baseband version on my phone, is that all that needs to match?