Ask a question

No registration required

[Help] Insreased RAM but nothing Happened

OP shafaga

4th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hey guys .. today i increased my RAM using some methods on the internet but RAM Expander Didn't work it says : swapon sdcard/swapfile.swp invalid argument ... so my problem is i have used . Sawpit Ram Expander and succeed but when i check my ram .. it still the same no changes & nothing happened please help me ASAP
5th June 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,936

6,088 posts
More
Well you can add physical ram to a phone, you can flash a kernel or bootloader that reallocates some ram, but this is device specific and often takes some very intelligent programmers to make this happen.
The other way is to use virtual ram in the form of a swap partition, this will use sdcard or internal data or whatever partition you make work, function as ram, but it is slower than real ram and depending on how you use your device may make it slower altogether. I believe this is the method of increasing ram that you did, the easiest way to see if it worked is to open a terminal emulator and type
free
The final way is with compcache or zram, both squash ram and has a similar caveat to using swap as it may make things worse.
A few Google or xda searches should explain this a bit more than I have

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th June 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks for your help
demkantor gonna try zram soon
10th June 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Well you can add physical ram to a phone, you can flash a kernel or bootloader that reallocates some ram, but this is device specific and often takes some very intelligent programmers to make this happen.
The other way is to use virtual ram in the form of a swap partition, this will use sdcard or internal data or whatever partition you make work, function as ram, but it is slower than real ram and depending on how you use your device may make it slower altogether. I believe this is the method of increasing ram that you did, the easiest way to see if it worked is to open a terminal emulator and type
free
The final way is with compcache or zram, both squash ram and has a similar caveat to using swap as it may make things worse.
A few Google or xda searches should explain this a bit more than I have

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rooted !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread