Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop on splash screen

Tip us?

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,019

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carngeX View Post
Tried it - screen still just goes black, and then repeats the splashscreen bootloop like before.

Should I try contacting HTC and see what they would charge to send it in?
I have this happen to both my max and my kids m8. It was a matter of timing the power and up button combo and then shifting to just vol down the second it rebooted. First time took me twenty minutes to get it right. During which I may have broke a sweat. Don't give up just yet.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

carngeX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
I have this happen to both my max and my kids m8. It was a matter of timing the power and up button combo and then shifting to just vol down the second it rebooted. First time took me twenty minutes to get it right. During which I may have broke a sweat. Don't give up just yet.

So, I should hold Power + Vol UP while on the splash screen, then when the buttons flash, switch to just Vol DOWN? Or am I not doing the correct technique?
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX 7.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)

carngeX
Old
(Last edited by carngeX; 28th May 2014 at 06:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
So this is what I've tried doing; not sure if it's the correct timing or not:

From a dead battery, plug in and hold power + Vol down, it just goes into bootloop

During the bootloop, held Vol Down during the black screen in between the white HTC splashscreen; still bootloop (tried this at various times in between the splashscreen loops; there's about a 5 sec gap of black screen)

Tried the same above, but with Power + Vol Down

Tried Power + Vol Down during the white splashscreen, the back/home soft keys blink 4 - 6 times, and releasing the power button while keeping vol down held, and then reboots into the bootloop again

Not sure what to do at this point, besides contact HTC, unless you guys have any ideas/proper order to press the buttons?

Edit: plugged it into my computer, and about 3/4 of the way through the HTC Splashscreen, I hear the USB plugged in noise, then immediately the eject noise. For a second I can see "Android Phone" listed under Devices and Printers. Tried running fastboot reboot-bootloader and it didn't catch it. Tried running adb devices during the second it's recognized, but it didn't see anything. Tried in both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Also tried pressing Vol down during the time its recognized, but either my timing was off, or it didn't work.
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25

carngeX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Update: Also tried holding the light sensors under a lightbulb and tried the above attempts (read somewhere this has worked for people)... still a no-go.
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound

carngeX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
to me it sounds like there is still hope. as long as you can see the splash screen you still have a chance.
i would put it in a wall charger and just leave it for a bit about 20 min and then try the vol - and power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post

Still haven't been able to get it after a couple days of trying on and off.

Contacted HTC and I'm going to send it into them.

Since I'm not sure what HBoot is on it currently... if they were to update it to the latest (newest OTA) that's just been released before returning it to me... will I still be able to unlock bootloader/S-Off with Firewater/Weaksauce?

Thanks for the suggestions you guys provided dottat and synisterwolf I appreciate it!
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,198
sorry ive been away, work has be busy. If they do update it, there is no way to unlock or s-off ATM. the OTA might be to new for them to care and just flash you back to 4.4.2 sense 5.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Congratulations on being the kind of person who corrects the grammar of others, unsolicited. You're the Microsoft Word Paperclip.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carngeX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
sorry ive been away, work has be busy. If they do update it, there is no way to unlock or s-off ATM. the OTA might be to new for them to care and just flash you back to 4.4.2 sense 5.5
No problem man.

Lame.. hopefully hey don't update it. According to the agreement notice they emailed me with my ticket info and stuff, it says" Please note that all repaired devices will be set to carrier or HTC specifications, and will be factory reset."

Hopefully that means that they'll just reset it back to how it came and not update it.

Otherwise I guess I'll either wait or try and sell it, since the device itself is pretty much mint.
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound

carngeX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
So I got it back today from HTC... and I think they updated it . Can somebody confirm for me?

Bootloader says this:

PVT SHIP S-ON
HBoot-1.57.0000
Radio-1.13.41.0421
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.10.605.3

Settings says:
Sense 6.0

So there's no way to root, or S-Off, or bootloader unlock right? Neither Rumrunner nor Firewater work? Is an unlock exploit being researched?
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound