Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Which is the proper way to downgrade from cm11 to cm10.2?

OP mrfree2ita

9th June 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

34 posts
I upgraded my p1000 from cm10.2 to cm11 few weeks ago but the latest cm11 seems to be a bit laggish on my device and I'd like to go back to cm10.2, first of all... is it possible? If so, which is the proper way to do it?
9th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfree2ita

I upgraded my p1000 from cm10.2 to cm11 few weeks ago but the latest cm11 seems to be a bit laggish on my device and I'd like to go back to cm10.2, first of all... is it possible? If so, which is the proper way to do it?

I'd recommend you try OmniROM Its what I'm using on my "P1" and although it has its share of problems. Wired Headsets don't seem to be working. Its no more worse then CM10 was, and on that note why CM10.2 which like CM10.1 was broken beyond use? The only decent CM10 was CM10 from 2013 - 02 - 03. Which AFAIK was the last fully working CM10 Mod for the P1000. As the 10.1 and .2 had the Camera Bugs.

In any case Omni is pretty well supported with near nightly, or at the lest every other night updates. As long as you don't get crazy with it with Live Wallpapers, like my Old man was trying to run on it. (He too has a P1000), its pretty damned responsive. But. Again you ONLY have 512MB of RAM on the P1000. In some rear cases even less then this!

In my Fathers case the same sh-- that was causing his CM11 to lag like heck, was the same crap that was making the fresh install of his CM10 (version as dated above!), lag just as bad. So you might want to first clean up such resource hungry Apps as you have first.

But, on the Latest OmniROM for the P1 (Int't GSM version), as of 06.08.14 (Which is still the the most current at the time I wrote this), just running the Google Now Launcher, and a few widgets. The Tablet doesn't feel any considerably slower then it did back in CM10, and the Google Now Launcher is a KEEPER! I can't imagine wanting to roll back to CM10.

P.s. Did you remember to reset your Firmware + wiping the Cache Partition, and Dalvik Cache? This could also partially explain your problems. If you, had not done this.

P.p.s. Download your ROM, and appropriate GAPPs Package, then reboot your P1000 by pressing both the Volume Up, and Power Button till you see the Galaxy Tab / Samsung Bootloader Screen. Then release the Power Button, while continuint to hold the Volume Up till you fully enter the Recovery Mode.

Once in the Recovery Mode do the following Factory Reset, then Wipe Cache Partition and the Dalvik Cache (Advanced Settings). Then install your CM10.x ROM from where you stored it i.e. the /Download Folder? And when thats though. Your GAPPs Package as well. After which you then boot into your new ROM. Which might take a few moments longer, on the first boot as the Database(s)? have to built from scratch again.
Last edited by Ichijoe; 9th June 2014 at 11:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ichijoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

34 posts
Mmmhh I think I'll follow your suggestion and I'll try OmniROM. Have you used the CWM recovery or the TWRP suggested on their official wiki to flash the omnirom?
10th June 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfree2ita

Mmmhh I think I'll follow your suggestion and I'll try OmniROM. Have you used the CWM recovery or the TWRP suggested on their official wiki to flash the omnirom?

The way I described it before was for CWM. OmniROM uses TWRP. The ideas the same, in fact its a bit simpler on TWRP, in as far as it simplifies the wipe progress. Just One TIP download and install SuperSU, and run it. Once your rooted, go into your System Settings and click on the SuperSu Setting, (near the bottom), and it should ask you if you want to use a backup script, to keep root! You should run this if you want to... Need to keep Root for say AdAway. As OmniRom does NOT ship out with Root... WHY?! I can't say.

Other then that the only other annoying things I dislike about this ROM is that I have to keep uninstalling the Apollo Player. as well as reinstalling the Xposed Installer reset the "ro.config.low_ram" from true, to false, to re-enable transparencies, as well as other Lock Screen Widgets. After each update. Which again averages about every other day. I use something called ROM Toolbox Lite to do this, as trying to do this manually I always seem to gimp my install to a point of bootlooping.

But, other then these little niggles I actually like this ROM! for the most part.
10th June 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,262

3,148 posts
More
And we should discourage question thread in development forum.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread