Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 54,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM/TWRP Problem

Tip us?

ajsmsg78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default CWM/TWRP Problem

Hello all. I'm having a strange problem. I have a T-Mobile D959. I've flashed back to stock JB and rooted and installed CWM/TWRP about ten times before and I never had this problem. Here's the deal:

I flashed back to Jellybean with the kdz. (I was on Dfuse's Stock Rooted KK) After I flashed back and did a factory reset I then used ioroot25 to root. That went as expected. I then downloaded the Freedom Flex app to install TWRP/CWM. When I flash either Recovery it looks like it's working. Superuser comes up and I hit allow. When I choose reboot into recovery or manually try I get to the fastboot menu and I basically have no recovery. I've tried flashing the Jellybean kdz again as well as the KitKat kdz then went back and flashed the Jellybean kdz again. For some reason neither recovery will install. I am definitely rooted as root checker and Root Explorer confirm that. When I flash either kdz to go back to stock it does indeed install the stock recovery again. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Thanks for your help.

techdeisel
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Not sure but does the kdz. Reflash the aboot

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Maybe try flashing just the jb aboot an maybe even the laf

ajsmsg78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I'm pretty sure it does as I lost recovery completely when I first got the phone when I tried flashing TWRP and flashing the kdz fixed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdeisel View Post
Not sure but does the kdz. Reflash the aboot

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Maybe try flashing just the jb aboot an maybe even the laf