Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

XDA assist RAZR XT912 rooted, now what

9th June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
I have a RAZR 98.72.16.XT912.verizon
4.1.2
build date FEB 2013
Rooted with RAZR_Blade and installed Titanium backup
I installed rootchecker, I do have root

There is an update waiting, and I don't want it. I have no access to internet except through foxfi, and I afraid I'm going to lose it.

My question is, "What do I do next"?
I want free wifi since I have unlimited data and, to stop updates if possible.

Once I am confident, I have an HTC DNA waiting on an update and I would also like to root it as well.
Hardware 0003
software 3.06.605.4
4.2.2
sense 5.0

Please help
9th June 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,247
 
16,111 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hi there!

Here's a Complete Root Guide for the DNA.

And you'll need to be more clear about what you are after on your Razr. Free WiFi? Not sure what you mean by that. But THIS thread is for the Maxx, but should be the same to stop the OTA notification.

Last edited by Darth; 9th June 2014 at 11:07 PM.
10th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
I have been grandfathered for the unlimited plan at Verizon, I don't want to pay Verizon monthly to use the "hotspot"(I guess this is the mistake I made).

The HTC looks like a very old thread, does it still apply for me?
10th June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #4  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,247
 
16,111 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootinfool08

I have been grandfathered for the unlimited plan at Verizon, I don't want to pay Verizon monthly to use the "hotspot"(I guess this is the mistake I made).

The HTC looks like a very old thread, does it still apply for me?

Root methods don't usually change. You can always look around the section that threads in to see if there's anything newer. Also....anytime you're in a thread that's older...check last page and read back for more current posts.

Also it depends on what version of android you're on. If its old versions, older threads would still apply.

Again, look through the section that thread is in....never know what you'll find!

And I still don't know what free WiFi is. WiFi is WiFi.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

If that root thread doesn't help, you can always ask for assistance in the DNA Q&A section....here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-dna/help
10th June 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Root methods don't usually change. You can always look around the section that threads in to see if there's anything newer. Also....anytime you're in a thread that's older...check last page and read back for more current posts.

Also it depends on what version of android you're on. If its old versions, older threads would still apply.

Again, look through the section that thread is in....never know what you'll find!

And I still don't know what free WiFi is. WiFi is WiFi.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

If that root thread doesn't help, you can always ask for assistance in the DNA Q&A section....here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-dna/help

I totally misspoke using the term wifi. What I meant to say is, I use Foxfi as my wireless hotspot at my house, it is the only thing available where

I live aside from getting a dish. That being said, I need a phone that I can continue to access the web with a hotspot without having to pay

Verizon $20 a month. I am very intrigued with all the possible ROM's available, but I'm lost in the safestrap, CWMOD, TWRP, nandroid back-up.

I do appreciate your patience.
10th June 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #6  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,247
 
16,111 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootinfool08

I totally misspoke using the term wifi. What I meant to say is, I use Foxfi as my wireless hotspot at my house, it is the only thing available where

I live aside from getting a dish. That being said, I need a phone that I can continue to access the web with a hotspot without having to pay

Verizon $20 a month. I am very intrigued with all the possible ROM's available, but I'm lost in the safestrap, CWMOD, TWRP, nandroid back-up.

I do appreciate your patience.

No problem!

Just make a friendly thread in the section I linked above and ask a few questions. The members there know your device better than any....I'm sure you'll find answers! 👍
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes