Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 48,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z2 wont read Samsung SD card?

Tip us?

princebama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Xperia Z2 wont read Samsung SD card?

Recently jumped on an Amazon deal for a Samsung 64 gb SD card. My PC and Note 3 read it just fine, Z2 wont detect it. Does not show in any file explorers. Tried to mount from the settings several times. Read my previous Sandisk SD card just fine. Any fix for this?
Current Devices:
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 blk
Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

pvyParts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by princebama View Post
Recently jumped on an Amazon deal for a Samsung 64 gb SD card. My PC and Note 3 read it just fine, Z2 wont detect it. Does not show in any file explorers. Tried to mount from the settings several times. Read my previous Sandisk SD card just fine. Any fix for this?
get some logs they could help a bit more.

pvy.

serphentos
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same issue on 2 sdcards bad thing that om my own I didn't make a backup. But om my gf sdcards i did.

Somehow it corrupts the card, after changing it back to our note 2 they were readable one time, after that I couldn't access it anymore. After that I just formated the cards and they both work perfectly on our phones.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeGozaru
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by princebama View Post
I bought a Samsung 32GB Micro SD from Amazon which has been working without fault for little over a month now.
I'd suggest a return and replace.

BanziBaby
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I had a 32gb Samsung class 10 card in my old GS3, it wouldn't work in the my newer Z2 until I used the Z2 to format it. I did format it with the GS3 just before that got sold so I think the way Samsung does the format is different from the way the Z2 does it.

princebama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBaby View Post
I had a 32gb Samsung class 10 card in my old GS3, it wouldn't work in the my newer Z2 until I used the Z2 to format it. I did format it with the GS3 just before that got sold so I think the way Samsung does the format is different from the way the Z2 does it.
Hmm guess I'll try this
Current Devices:
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 blk
Sony Xperia Z2 D6503