Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Models other than N900T for T-mo WIFI call

Tip us?

cognus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Service [Q] Models other than N900T for T-mo WIFI call

have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature
Refugee from the PC Patch
LG P509
Nexus 7 Grouper
SGH-T959V
SGH-T879 Note

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,321

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: wifi calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus View Post
have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature

All Tmobile branded phones which have a Tmobile sim card and have a stock
or stock based custom rom/firmware have wifi calling.

Any and all models of phones which are not Tmobile branded will not have
wifi calling and are not compatible with wifi calling even if the phone is
unlocked and or rooted.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

cognus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
All Tmobile branded phones which have a Tmobile sim card and have a stock
or stock based custom rom/firmware have wifi calling.

Any and all models of phones which are not Tmobile branded will not have
wifi calling and are not compatible with wifi calling even if the phone is
unlocked and or rooted.

Good luck!
Refugee from the PC Patch
LG P509
Nexus 7 Grouper
SGH-T959V
SGH-T879 Note
The Following User Says Thank You to cognus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youngchris29
Old
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T
I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jdidtht
Old
Thanks Meter 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchris29 View Post
I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
9005 ROMs are compatible with tmob, but their modems and the firmware base isn't. You would not want to flash a 9005 based firmware modem boot loader on our smn900t. Bad idea. That said, their ROMs, are compatible, some mods etc etc.

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,321

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht View Post
Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.

What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".

jdidtht
Old
Thanks Meter 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post

What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.
Sure, you are correct, I was responding to the individual posts, i don't believe I quoted the ops original question, although this is true, I was just elaborating upon some comments that I felt compelled to answer.

bema2525
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey I have a 900t on tmobile on s5 port rom I added wifi calling to it it pop us turns on the only problem is it says error.ero5 invalid sim any ideas I would love to get this working on the s5 port thanks

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,321

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: wifi calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bema2525 View Post
Hey I have a 900t on tmobile on s5 port rom I added wifi calling to it it pop us turns on the only problem is it says error.ero5 invalid sim any ideas I would love to get this working on the s5 port thanks
Working Wifi calling will never happen if using a ported rom.
Have a great day, enjoy!

Tags
note 3, wifi calling