Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Models other than N900T for T-mo WIFI call

OP cognus

6th June 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
austin
Thanks Meter: 18
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature
6th June 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
5,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: wifi calling
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus

have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature



All Tmobile branded phones which have a Tmobile sim card and have a stock
or stock based custom rom/firmware have wifi calling.


Any and all models of phones which are not Tmobile branded will not have
wifi calling and are not compatible with wifi calling even if the phone is
unlocked and or rooted.


Good luck!
6th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
austin
Thanks Meter: 18
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

All Tmobile branded phones which have a Tmobile sim card and have a stock
or stock based custom rom/firmware have wifi calling.


Any and all models of phones which are not Tmobile branded will not have
wifi calling and are not compatible with wifi calling even if the phone is
unlocked and or rooted.


Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to cognus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Queens, NY
Thanks Meter: 256
 
606 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus

understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
7th June 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #5  
jdidtht's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,235
 
2,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchris29

I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.



---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus

understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

9005 ROMs are compatible with tmob, but their modems and the firmware base isn't. You would not want to flash a 9005 based firmware modem boot loader on our smn900t. Bad idea. That said, their ROMs, are compatible, some mods etc etc.


7th June 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #6  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
5,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht

Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.


What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.
8th June 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #7  
jdidtht's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,235
 
2,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky


What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.

Sure, you are correct, I was responding to the individual posts, i don't believe I quoted the ops original question, although this is true, I was just elaborating upon some comments that I felt compelled to answer.

9th June 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Greer
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Hey I have a 900t on tmobile on s5 port rom I added wifi calling to it it pop us turns on the only problem is it says error.ero5 invalid sim any ideas I would love to get this working on the s5 port thanks
10th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #9  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
5,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: wifi calling
Quote:
Originally Posted by bema2525

Hey I have a 900t on tmobile on s5 port rom I added wifi calling to it it pop us turns on the only problem is it says error.ero5 invalid sim any ideas I would love to get this working on the s5 port thanks

Working Wifi calling will never happen if using a ported rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3, wifi calling
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes