Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 38,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Problem 4.3

Tip us?

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreen527 View Post
Thanks for the help. I was able to flash the stock ROM back on my phone and everything is back to normal. Now all I need to do is find the right file to correctly root it. (Still 4.3)

After trying again, with what I made sure was the right file for 4.3, which was the one I used before, it still won't get past the recovery and boot screen after the root process on ODIN. While looking at the guide it said to uncheck auto reboot if it is not installing then just put it into recovery mode myself and it should work. Should I do that to make it work?

Tried that, and it didn't work also. Not sure how to make it work. I put the .tar file in the AP spot. Do I need a different file in one of the other slots? Thanks.
No you don't need any other file.
Check your reactivation lock make sure it is off, usb debugging is on.
And sometimes, it needs 2 times to flash to success. Don't worry.
The only thing you have to make sure is : the root file you are using to flash, must be for 4.3 JB. Not 4.4.2
I have no idea the one inside CF-autoroot post is for Tmob 4.4.2 or for 4.3
You should find out this one, because if you are using root file for KK on JB, your phone will bootloop (and vice versa).
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JollyGreen527
Old
(Last edited by JollyGreen527; 9th June 2014 at 10:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
USB debugging on but still didn't work. Flashed it twice but didn't work. The reactivation lock option isn't showing up in my security so not sure about that one. How big should the file be that I use to root with? I found another guide that shows to use a file that's over a gigabyte big but also using the csc part of ODIN. The file I'm using now from cfautoroot is only about 20 megabytes.

I saw a post that said to use Kingo Root or Vroot but as I've been searching I've heard bad things about Kingo. Is Vroot any good?

JollyGreen527
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Any more help before this gets buried?

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
USB debugging on but still didn't work. Flashed it twice but didn't work. The reactivation lock option isn't showing up in my security so not sure about that one. How big should the file be that I use to root with? I found another guide that shows to use a file that's over a gigabyte big but also using the csc part of ODIN. The file I'm using now from cfautoroot is only about 20 megabytes.

I saw a post that said to use Kingo Root or Vroot but as I've been searching I've heard bad things about Kingo. Is Vroot any good?
I have no idea again. Sorry.
If u want to learn, find some other sources of knowledge and try on ur own risk.
But if u just want to get root a.s.a.p, I would suggest u upgrade to 4.4.2 and use cfautoroot. I believe the file posted on cf thread is for 4.4.2.

Good luck

Quote:
Any more help before this gets buried?

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]