Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat update on net10 att issues no mms

Tip us?

iResident
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kitkat update on net10 att issues no mms

I have an LG opitmus G pro e980 on net10 att sim card.

Since the kitkat update android version 4.4.2, I have lost all mms.

I have noticed that you cannot set the APN type, which is greyed out and set at default.

Is there anyway around this issue or would I have to root.

If I would have to root could someone show me where to find the root for my phone with the current update. Minding that I am not to tech savvy when it comes to phones, if it could be like a rooting for dumbies, that would be fantastic,

Thanks for any replies and or assistance.

sparsha
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iResident View Post
I have an LG opitmus G pro e980 on net10 att sim card.

Since the kitkat update android version 4.4.2, I have lost all mms.

I have noticed that you cannot set the APN type, which is greyed out and set at default.

Is there anyway around this issue or would I have to root.

If I would have to root could someone show me where to find the root for my phone with the current update. Minding that I am not to tech savvy when it comes to phones, if it could be like a rooting for dumbies, that would be fantastic,

Thanks for any replies and or assistance.
I have Net10 ATT simcard as well. After upgrading to KK I did add new apn and it worked fine. Never had any mms or data problem
Don't try to edit existing apn instead add new one.

iandher
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm on the same page but with straight talk from at&t, when I create new APN the apn type at the very bottom is greyed out. Please help xda community

HD2FORNICK
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandher View Post
I'm on the same page but with straight talk from at&t, when I create new APN the apn type at the very bottom is greyed out. Please help xda community
So you are saying you cannot add a new APN? I have TMobile and I didn't have any APN so I had to go to Menu and add APN and then save it.

iResident
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New APN can be added

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2FORNICK View Post
So you are saying you cannot add a new APN? I have TMobile and I didn't have any APN so I had to go to Menu and add APN and then save it.
No, you can add a new APN. As I stated originally, everything else works well and fine as it always did. It is just the mms. From my research, this has happened to a lot of contract customers as well, but on the LG G2. I havent found anything on the GPro with contract people.

You are able to adjust all propterties in the network settings except APN Type, It is greyed out and you cannot change it. It currently says default.

AndyM8218
Old
(Last edited by AndyM8218; 10th June 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same issue after i updated to 4.2.2 on my phone. I am using Net10 with an at&t sim in it. I had to root and follow some instructions i had found on how to get the apn type frm being greyed out. As soon as i find it i will post a link.

heres the link i used and found, just follow the directions and it will work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761126

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app