LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kitkat update on net10 att issues no mms

OP iResident

7th June 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have an LG opitmus G pro e980 on net10 att sim card.

Since the kitkat update android version 4.4.2, I have lost all mms.

I have noticed that you cannot set the APN type, which is greyed out and set at default.

Is there anyway around this issue or would I have to root.

If I would have to root could someone show me where to find the root for my phone with the current update. Minding that I am not to tech savvy when it comes to phones, if it could be like a rooting for dumbies, that would be fantastic,

Thanks for any replies and or assistance.
9th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Catonsville, MD
Thanks Meter: 42

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iResident

I have an LG opitmus G pro e980 on net10 att sim card.

Since the kitkat update android version 4.4.2, I have lost all mms.

I have noticed that you cannot set the APN type, which is greyed out and set at default.

Is there anyway around this issue or would I have to root.

If I would have to root could someone show me where to find the root for my phone with the current update. Minding that I am not to tech savvy when it comes to phones, if it could be like a rooting for dumbies, that would be fantastic,

Thanks for any replies and or assistance.

I have Net10 ATT simcard as well. After upgrading to KK I did add new apn and it worked fine. Never had any mms or data problem
Don't try to edit existing apn instead add new one.
10th June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
I'm on the same page but with straight talk from at&t, when I create new APN the apn type at the very bottom is greyed out. Please help xda community
10th June 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

254 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandher

I'm on the same page but with straight talk from at&t, when I create new APN the apn type at the very bottom is greyed out. Please help xda community

So you are saying you cannot add a new APN? I have TMobile and I didn't have any APN so I had to go to Menu and add APN and then save it.
10th June 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
New APN can be added
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2FORNICK

So you are saying you cannot add a new APN? I have TMobile and I didn't have any APN so I had to go to Menu and add APN and then save it.

No, you can add a new APN. As I stated originally, everything else works well and fine as it always did. It is just the mms. From my research, this has happened to a lot of contract customers as well, but on the LG G2. I havent found anything on the GPro with contract people.

You are able to adjust all propterties in the network settings except APN Type, It is greyed out and you cannot change it. It currently says default.
10th June 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #6  

11 posts
I had the same issue after i updated to 4.2.2 on my phone. I am using Net10 with an at&t sim in it. I had to root and follow some instructions i had found on how to get the apn type frm being greyed out. As soon as i find it i will post a link.

heres the link i used and found, just follow the directions and it will work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761126

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by AndyM8218; 10th June 2014 at 03:20 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread