Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Security Error on Custom Recovery

Tip us?

OptimusCrack
Old
(Last edited by OptimusCrack; 10th June 2014 at 12:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default [Q] Security Error on Custom Recovery

SOLVED!!!! Drop a thanks on matshch for bringing me up to speed so late in the game!
Solution is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160394

: What this is about to say is that: I can install the custom recovery fine, I can even boot without problems. I get a security error resulting in boot loop when I try to boot into recovery though and I have to use LG support tool to start over.

Using the file converter for .bin and .fls I baked in both CWM touch and non touch, and every time I do it the phone gets the security error at boot when LG comes on the screen. Then I have to go back into LG Mobile Support Tool and click 'Upgrade Recovery' to get the phone to boot again. Getting root is not a problem for me, which was cool and completely unexpected, but still every time I try to boot into recovery either through an app (ROM Manager) OR adb (I dont have a volume down button) it reboots to a little android dude with a blue loading bar beneath it and his stomach is open with gears and ****, and then it reboots and I have to go through the process of registration again (setting up the phone)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo... is the fix known?

p.s. this means I can't flash anything, all I have is superuser on stock 4.04 (which I actually really like, but I want KitKat for the performance)

androcraze
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusCrack View Post
SOLVED!!!! Drop a thanks on matshch for bringing me up to speed so late in the game!
Solution is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160394

: What this is about to say is that: I can install the custom recovery fine, I can even boot without problems. I get a security error resulting in boot loop when I try to boot into recovery though and I have to use LG support tool to start over.

Using the file converter for .bin and .fls I baked in both CWM touch and non touch, and every time I do it the phone gets the security error at boot when LG comes on the screen. Then I have to go back into LG Mobile Support Tool and click 'Upgrade Recovery' to get the phone to boot again. Getting root is not a problem for me, which was cool and completely unexpected, but still every time I try to boot into recovery either through an app (ROM Manager) OR adb (I dont have a volume down button) it reboots to a little android dude with a blue loading bar beneath it and his stomach is open with gears and ****, and then it reboots and I have to go through the process of registration again (setting up the phone)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo... is the fix known?

p.s. this means I can't flash anything, all I have is superuser on stock 4.04 (which I actually really like, but I want KitKat for the performance)
Stock ICS has the bootloader locked; the security error means just that.

You have to unlock the bootloader before you can do anything else.