Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Thread Closed

Looking at Custom ROMs for my Note 3, with emphasis on minimalism and battery life

9th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
More
I've been looking at Assasin ROM ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701444 ), seems pretty cool.

Any other suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to axonn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 584

1,578 posts
Read, flash, see if you like. Repeat as necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm

40 posts
More
You stated the obvious, of course that is an alternative! . But hey, I asked BECAUSE I wanted to gauge the public opinion here on the Forum a bit . I mean, you guys here have been doing this for many months now and I would be thankful for a sip from your experience. Sure, I will definitely start trying out ROMs, but a few starting tips wouldn't hurt, don't you think?
9th June 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 43

289 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axonn

I've been looking at Assasin ROM ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701444 ), seems pretty cool.

Any other suggestions?

I'm looking for the same things, have heard a bit about assassin rom, but not sure wat to try yet lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 527

639 posts
Donate to Me
More
"Which is the best" threads are not allowed on xda. If you want people's opinions, read around and look at their posts (and most post what they're running in their signatures).

You are expected to make your own decisions on which is best for you.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.0 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
9th June 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

"Which is the best" threads are not allowed on xda. If you want people's opinions, read around and look at their posts (and most post what they're running in their signatures).

But I did NOT ask "what is the best" . If you scroll up and read again what I wrote, I asked for *SUGGESTIONS*. Even the thread TITLE does NOT mention anything about "best" or "top 5".

I want to know about what are considered popular ROMs, used by more than the ROMs author and a few others.

My other post said:

" I mean, you guys here have been doing this for many months now and I would be thankful for a sip from your experience. Sure, I will definitely start trying out ROMs, but a few starting tips wouldn't hurt, don't you think? "

I did not ask for much and I maintained a polite and civilized approach, and I'm sad to see that people around here aren't as helpful as they used to be back in 2008.
The Following User Says Thank You to axonn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #7  
Flag Grand Prairie
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Talking Kit Kat Killer by Josh Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by axonn

Any other suggestions?

I'm new to the rooting world friend, but of the two Custom Roms I've tried I like Kit Kat Killer over Cyanogenmod 11. I came from a Sprint Samsung Note III (SM-N900P). Give it a shot man it's awesome, it's got a bunch of cool wallpapers, a bad ass beastmode Kernel that reaches 2.762 Ghz and I like that you can actually still use the S-pen as opposed to CM11. Just a rookie myself but I say flash it man I'm happy with it. Peace.
10th June 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,239

3,860 posts
More
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM / Kernel threads are not allowed on XDA. Please test these things for yourself.
That is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion, and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Thread Closed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, custom rom
Previous Thread Next Thread