Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid Razr Bootloop

Tip us?

Dancrusher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Droid Razr Bootloop

Now, I know there are several threads already about bootlooping, but I could not find one with my particular situation. I received my Droid Razr from my uncle, and after doing a full factory reset, I found out it was still rooted from this article: Motorola Included a Root Check in the RAZR, RAZR MAXX, and DROID4 With Ice Cream Sandwich. He did not make a backup ROM. I really don't have a clue what to do in this situation, so I just thought to myself, "If I restore it to a previous version of Android ROM from the internet, I can just update to a newer one." (I forgot to mention that the only reason I wanted to unroot was so I could get the latest update.) Well, I tried to do it using this:How to Unroot/Unbrick Your Rooted Droid Razr Back to Android 2.3.6![6.12.173] (Just search for it because I can't post links.) But now it just loads up the Motorola logo and the dual core text, and then goes black. The screen is still on, but nothing happens. I am able to get into fastboot and recovery, and have tried a factory reset, but nothing works, and I am afraid to try anything else in case I ruin it even more. Can anyone help?

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 529

DONATE TO ME
You can't downgrade. That is a limitation with RAZR.
If you have XT912, use Matt's utility to recover and flash stock 4.1.2.Find it in the dev section.

For XT910, use RSDLite.

From the E
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

The Following User Says Thank You to neo.ank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dancrusher
Old
(Last edited by Dancrusher; 10th June 2014 at 03:09 AM.) Reason: Had more to add.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
(Thank you! But I might need some help on doing that. Is there a guide I can follow?) Oh never mind. The page is self-explanatory. If I need any help I can ask. Also, this is the right Matt's utility, correct?: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192467 (One more edit: Will it be unrooted after this?)