No registration required
Thread Closed

nook hd + help please.. I think I bricked it..sorry for being such a noob

OP hydro6773

9th June 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Sorry for being such a noob. I bought a nook hd + looks like it had twrp on it. I tried to factory default it a messed it up. I got it to boot into cwm recovery I think. It installed the extras zip and unknown sources zip but when I tried to install the cwm zip it failed.. it was previously stuck on thecyanoboot universal loader screen. I dont know what to do.im u sure 8f 7 br7cked it or erased the os o it. I dont know what to do. Please any help will be appreciated greatly.
9th June 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,956

6,100 posts
More
Looking through the book HD forums I doubt you are bricked, but without ever using one myself I'd rather not try to give you the appropriate steps. Rather I would suggest to ask in the q&a forum here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nook-hd/help
There are also rooting guides in the developer section of this forum that look like you will just need to do a few steps to get up and running again.
Just read through and if you are uncertain how to proceed best to ask first
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Looking through the book HD forums I doubt you are bricked, but without ever using one myself I'd rather not try to give you the appropriate steps. Rather I would suggest to ask in the q&a forum here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nook-hd/help
There are also rooting guides in the developer section of this forum that look like you will just need to do a few steps to get up and running again.
Just read through and if you are uncertain how to proceed best to ask first
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the info. I was looking around and I was wondering if there is a way to determine if my eemc (whatever that is) is dead. I sincerely apologize for being such a noob. I previously rooted a nook hd+ from stock by using cwm without an problems, but i was still very nervous about doing it. I have no experience with twrp that was on this nook hd+, and my plan was to wipe it and get it back onto stock. and then use cwm to reroot it. but of course i screwed it up. Here is exactly what happens when I power the NHD+ (Nook hd+):

power on (with the bootable sd card i made from the previously successful rooted nook on stock)

nook logo
cyanoboot universal boot loader

then it goes right into cwm-based recovery v6.0.208 for hd+ (stock)
my available choices are:

- reboot system now
-install zip from sdcard
-install zip from sideload
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced

and at the bottom of the screen i see

cwm-based recovery v6.0.208 for hd+ (stock)

is this a bad thing???
10th June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Also I dont know if this makes any difference when I reboot the NHD+ without the sdcard in i pretty much see the same available choices but the only difference is the info at the top and bottom of the screen. without the sdcard in i see:

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6 is at the top

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6
Warning: No file_contexts

What does this even mean???

Am I up the $#!+ creek??

Thanks for any advice and insight.
10th June 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,956

6,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro6773

Also I dont know if this makes any difference when I reboot the NHD+ without the sdcard in i pretty much see the same available choices but the only difference is the info at the top and bottom of the screen. without the sdcard in i see:

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6 is at the top

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6
Warning: No file_contexts

What does this even mean???

Am I up the $#!+ creek??

Thanks for any advice and insight.

Hi again,
I'm still not thinking you are bricked but if you are there appears to be a fix discussed here
Our Mission at XDA-Assist to help yo find your way but not to help specifically trouble shoot your issue
Quote:

The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem

So I will again suggest to describe your scenario as best you can in the Q&A Section for your device
best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread