Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

why is it impossible(almost) to root the VZW Moto G?

OP youphone

9th June 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
why is it impossible(almost) to root the VZW Moto G?

all the XDA threads that I read seemed to suggest that the reason is the locked bootloader. Motorola does not provide unlocking of the bootloader on the VZW Moto G.

however, is a locked bootloader really the reason?

I have easily rooted my current Samsung phones(Galaxy Note 2, S5, and Note 3) without touching the bootloader. Saferoot worked like a charm and each phone takes less than 2 minutes to root.

Why is it that Motorola phones need to have the bootloader unlocked in order to root?

Thanks!
9th June 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #2  
jaspreet997's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
I think Verizon is to be blamed here not Motorola Anyway if you stay on 4.4.2 there is a Nice and easy root exploit
No write access in system partition and has to be rerooted at every reboot but it something of a start
try it

And about using boot loader Well there excuse is security of laymen so that they can't be exploited
For advanced user who want root boot loader can be unlocked in 1 min

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jaspreet997; 9th June 2014 at 10:27 AM.
9th June 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by youphone

why is it impossible(almost) to root the VZW Moto G?

all the XDA threads that I read seemed to suggest that the reason is the locked bootloader. Motorola does not provide unlocking of the bootloader on the VZW Moto G.

however, is a locked bootloader really the reason?

I have easily rooted my current Samsung phones(Galaxy Note 2, S5, and Note 3) without touching the bootloader. Saferoot worked like a charm and each phone takes less than 2 minutes to root.

Why is it that Motorola phones need to have the bootloader unlocked in order to root?

Thanks!

Android is getting much more secure for one thing.

And since it is much closer to stock, without all the crappy add on apps, there is much less to attack.

And yes, Moto's bootloaders are very resilient.
10th June 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets

Android is getting much more secure for one thing.

And since it is much closer to stock, without all the crappy add on apps, there is much less to attack.

And yes, Moto's bootloaders are very resilient.


sometimes I wonder why I ditched iPhones and moved to Android phones.....
Google seems to be more and more anal these days, just like Apple, Inc.
10th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #5  
jaspreet997's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by youphone

sometimes I wonder why I ditched iPhones and moved to Android phones.....
Google seems to be more and more anal these days, just like Apple, Inc.

Haha Well Google has to protect the non advanced users from Data theft and stuff
if root was so easy Imagine charging your phone in a Airport outlet and all your data Gets stolen immediately
or Content gets uploaded in ur name and your passwords compromised
Advanced users can handle it but they are like only 10% of the android buying demograph Google has to think about the other 90%

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by youphone

sometimes I wonder why I ditched iPhones and moved to Android phones.....
Google seems to be more and more anal these days, just like Apple, Inc.

Android is damned either way.

Stupid Tim Cook quoted an idiot about android being a toxic hell stew. Even though that is far from the truth, let's not give idiots at apple any more ammunition than they have.

Just remember that Google with their nexus devices has always given you the ability to unlock. Apple and IIRC all windows phones will never let you do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes