Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 43,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][Mod]Change Data and statusbar buttons to any carrier

Tip us?

tp2215
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2567

DONATE TO ME
Default [Guide][Mod]Change Data and statusbar buttons to any carrier

Hey everyone! I posted this a while ago on the T-mobile forums. I just figured that I would post it here to since it was confirmed working on the international version as well. This probably works on any variant of S5...

Just wanted to right a quick guide on how to change the statusbar icons to any other carrier since I have not seen this anywhere. Some people may like them a little better then T-mobile. I have seen mods that do this but it is actually as easy as a few build.prop changes.

Please note: These may cause more subtle changes as well since it basically fools the device into thinking its that carrier. The main change is the data icons, but some carriers also put there network on the left of the statusbar (at&t) and other things

Just simply use a file manager with root (recommend ES Explorer) and navigate to /system. Then open up the build.prop file in a text editor (after making a backup first of course). All you need to do is change the following lines to whatever you would like..

T- Mobile
Code:
ro.product.name=kltetmo
ro.product.device=kltetmo
AT&T
Code:
ro.product.name=klteatt
ro.product.device=klteatt
Verizon
Code:
ro.product.name=kltevzw
ro.product.device=kltevzw
Sprint
Code:
ro.product.name=kltespr
ro.product.device=kltespr
Then just save the file and reboot! I will update with pictures eventually if I get the chance. Also if you change it to anything else then it will change your data icons to the stock aosp icons (with the H+ icons) There maybe a few more too for other carriers but haven't tracked them down yet. Enjoy!
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Hey everyone! I posted this a while ago on the T-mobile forums. I just figured that I would post it here to since it was confirmed working on the international version as well. This probably works on any variant of S5...

Just wanted to right a quick guide on how to change the statusbar icons to any other carrier since I have not seen this anywhere. Some people may like them a little better then T-mobile. I have seen mods that do this but it is actually as easy as a few build.prop changes.

Please note: These may cause more subtle changes as well since it basically fools the device into thinking its that carrier. The main change is the data icons, but some carriers also put there network on the left of the statusbar (at&t) and other things

Just simply use a file manager with root (recommend ES Explorer) and navigate to /system. Then open up the build.prop file in a text editor (after making a backup first of course). All you need to do is change the following lines to whatever you would like..

T- Mobile
Code:
ro.product.name=kltetmo
ro.product.device=kltetmo
AT&T
Code:
ro.product.name=klteatt
ro.product.device=klteatt
Verizon
Code:
ro.product.name=kltevzw
ro.product.device=kltevzw
Sprint
Code:
ro.product.name=kltespr
ro.product.device=kltespr
Then just save the file and reboot! I will update with pictures eventually if I get the chance. Also if you change it to anything else then it will change your data icons to the stock aosp icons (with the H+ icons) There maybe a few more too for other carriers but haven't tracked them down yet. Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1563

DONATE TO ME
Can we please get a screenshot of what each looks like?! Thanks!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

Masum56k
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Nice trick mate.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

tp2215
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2567

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
Can we please get a screenshot of what each looks like?! Thanks!
I originally posted this in the t-mobile forums and the screen shot is their. I will update this thread with one is I remember when i get home.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]