OP tp2215

1st June 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3,002

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey everyone! I posted this a while ago on the T-mobile forums. I just figured that I would post it here to since it was confirmed working on the international version as well. This probably works on any variant of S5...

Just wanted to right a quick guide on how to change the statusbar icons to any other carrier since I have not seen this anywhere. Some people may like them a little better then T-mobile. I have seen mods that do this but it is actually as easy as a few build.prop changes.

Please note: These may cause more subtle changes as well since it basically fools the device into thinking its that carrier. The main change is the data icons, but some carriers also put there network on the left of the statusbar (at&t) and other things

Just simply use a file manager with root (recommend ES Explorer) and navigate to /system. Then open up the build.prop file in a text editor (after making a backup first of course). All you need to do is change the following lines to whatever you would like..

T- Mobile
Code:
ro.product.name=kltetmo
ro.product.device=kltetmo
AT&T
Code:
ro.product.name=klteatt
ro.product.device=klteatt
Verizon
Code:
ro.product.name=kltevzw
ro.product.device=kltevzw
Sprint
Code:
ro.product.name=kltespr
ro.product.device=kltespr
Then just save the file and reboot! I will update with pictures eventually if I get the chance. Also if you change it to anything else then it will change your data icons to the stock aosp icons (with the H+ icons) There maybe a few more too for other carriers but haven't tracked them down yet. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 75

353 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

Hey everyone! I posted this a while ago on the T-mobile forums. I just figured that I would post it here to since it was confirmed working on the international version as well. This probably works on any variant of S5...

Just wanted to right a quick guide on how to change the statusbar icons to any other carrier since I have not seen this anywhere. Some people may like them a little better then T-mobile. I have seen mods that do this but it is actually as easy as a few build.prop changes.

Please note: These may cause more subtle changes as well since it basically fools the device into thinking its that carrier. The main change is the data icons, but some carriers also put there network on the left of the statusbar (at&t) and other things

Just simply use a file manager with root (recommend ES Explorer) and navigate to /system. Then open up the build.prop file in a text editor (after making a backup first of course). All you need to do is change the following lines to whatever you would like..

T- Mobile

Code:
ro.product.name=kltetmo
ro.product.device=kltetmo
AT&T
Code:
ro.product.name=klteatt
ro.product.device=klteatt
Verizon
Code:
ro.product.name=kltevzw
ro.product.device=kltevzw
Sprint
Code:
ro.product.name=kltespr
ro.product.device=kltespr
Then just save the file and reboot! I will update with pictures eventually if I get the chance. Also if you change it to anything else then it will change your data icons to the stock aosp icons (with the H+ icons) There maybe a few more too for other carriers but haven't tracked them down yet. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th June 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,922

4,671 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can we please get a screenshot of what each looks like?! Thanks!
9th June 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 47

341 posts
Nice trick mate.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3,002

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Can we please get a screenshot of what each looks like?! Thanks!

I originally posted this in the t-mobile forums and the screen shot is their. I will update this thread with one is I remember when i get home.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread