Ask a question

No registration required

want to root my new sprint samsung galaxy s4

OP ddy024

10th June 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have a brand new sprint samsung galaxy s4 and would like to do an one click odin root but every link on this site doesnt work to download odin 1.85 they all popup with the odin and Japanese in a popup after unzipping????? Can I get a working Odin 1.85 link and the correct tar file download so I can root my phone. PLEASE I would prefer to do the same as I did with my s2 and do a CWM and use SuperSU but use odin to do my rooting. Am I missing something here with rooting my phone? Im a NOOB so I would greatly appreciate someone to give me the easiest instructions on how to root my phone where Ill have a custom recovery just like the old school odin one click for the sprint galaxy s2 epic touch. I don't wanna mess up my brand new phone but loved the rooting rights I had with my old s2 but with being able to have the benefits of the new kitkat version. Anyones expert help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
10th June 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
More
Look for CF-AutoRoot (ChainFire) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2257101

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to snahaw0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 216

203 posts
More
Storage
hey buddy this site relies heavily on its users doing their own research, you are unlikely to find many helpful replies to this question since it is very well documented if you use the search function...or google. Or just even browse through the threads a bit. But I'll throw you a bone.

1. Download Chainfire's CFautoroot. Thanks chainfire! He conveniently includes a compatible version of odin in the zip (v3.07 if I'm not mistaken).
2. Extract the zip, and run odin.
3. Press the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720.tar that was extracted from chainfire's zip.
4. Completely power off your phone. If you are unsure if it is completely off, pull the battery. Press and hold the power button and vol down until it boots into download mode. Press vol up to continue.
5. Connect your phone via usb to your computer.
6. Make sure odin recognizes your phone (one of the little boxes should read com x, where x is a number. it was com4 for me). if it doesn't you will need to install the samsung mobile phone drivers. if you plugged your phone into your computer since you've had it, you likely have these drivers installed already.
7. Press start.
8. Profit! You are now probably rooted. or your phone is bricked. ha just kidding - but please research a little next time before you ask a question

PS - this voids your warranty. also you should go click on some ads in chainfire's website.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread