Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Files I Copy to my SD CARD are deleting themselves

Tip us?
 
OsirisOne1
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Files I Copy to my SD CARD are deleting themselves

Hi everyone,
Starters: Phone is entirely stock, 64 GB San Disk SD Card
So starting yesterday, whenever I copy a new file (mostly mp3's) to my SD card and go to play it off my phone, they are not working. When I go back onto my computer and look up the file it's gone! I've never seen anything like this before. All the files on my SD card that were there before yesterday are still working normally. The mp3s on my internal storage are also working properly.

A separate but potentially related issue is that recently, when I take pictures they show up in my gallery at first, but then they come up as corrupted a few minutes later and then they are gone completely. They are saved to my internal storage. This is not happening 100% of the time.

I'm not sure what's going on with my phones storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !
 
dottat
Old
#2  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753
Posts: 1,926
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisOne1 View Post
Hi everyone,
Starters: Phone is entirely stock, 64 GB San Disk SD Card
So starting yesterday, whenever I copy a new file (mostly mp3's) to my SD card and go to play it off my phone, they are not working. When I go back onto my computer and look up the file it's gone! I've never seen anything like this before. All the files on my SD card that were there before yesterday are still working normally. The mp3s on my internal storage are also working properly.

A separate but potentially related issue is that recently, when I take pictures they show up in my gallery at first, but then they come up as corrupted a few minutes later and then they are gone completely. They are saved to my internal storage. This is not happening 100% of the time.

I'm not sure what's going on with my phones storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !
Are you sure your 64 gig card is legit? Sorta sounds like what happens to the fake ones...Once you hit the magic number (maybe 8 gigs) it starts overwriting.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
OsirisOne1
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
I'm sure it's legit. It's a sandisk directly from Amazon themselves. Also, I'm well passed 30 gbs and it's not overwriting it's just deleting the new files altogether.
 
dottat
Old
#4  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753
Posts: 1,926
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisOne1 View Post
I'm sure it's legit. It's a sandisk directly from Amazon themselves. Also, I'm well passed 30 gbs and it's not overwriting it's just deleting the new files altogether.
kitkat SD card permissions hosing you up? did you ever fix it?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
 
berndblb
Old
#5  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 788
Posts: 2,436
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
kitkat SD card permissions hosing you up? did you ever fix it?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
That wouldn't delete the files, would it?
I tend towards your first hunch... Amazon does sell fakes. Never get the "frustration free packaging"!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes