OP subhashdas

9th June 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raipur
Thanks Meter: 218

519 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dear ROM developer @MasterAwesome @sagarwep @Ak****banta @Avenger4droid @Akhilendra Gadde

I have a small question for you, please reply

Q.I want to mod a ROM i.e. i want to remove some apps from /system/apps folder of the rom and add some of my apps to /system/app and /data folder. please tell me how should i go about it.
should i just delete the unwanted apps and place my apps in the respective folder,
or
do i need to do any thing else.

one more thing
There is a file in the META-INF folder named Manifest.mf which contains details of the various files like this
Quote:

Name: system/app/PhotoTable.apk
SHA1-Digest: I8EMDJXlOcqTEWjsiC3bv4sSZAY=

If i add any apps in the /system folder of the rom do i need to modify this Manifest.mf file also and if yes, how can i get this "SHA1-Digest"???

please rom developers reply if possible in detail.

waiting for your reply.
Last edited by subhashdas; 9th June 2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: mentioned some devs
10th June 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 508

428 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashdas

Dear ROM developer @MasterAwesome @sagarwep @Ak****banta @Avenger4droid @Akhilendra Gadde

I have a small question for you, please reply

Q.I want to mod a ROM i.e. i want to remove some apps from /system/apps folder of the rom and add some of my apps to /system/app and /data folder. please tell me how should i go about it.
should i just delete the unwanted apps and place my apps in the respective folder,
or
do i need to do any thing else.

one more thing
There is a file in the META-INF folder named Manifest.mf which contains details of the various files like this

If i add any apps in the /system folder of the rom do i need to modify this Manifest.mf file also and if yes, how can i get this "SHA1-Digest"???

please rom developers reply if possible in detail.

waiting for your reply.

Hello bro..
you can add any apps in the /system folder and no need to modify Manifest.mf file...

further that SHA-1 is nothing but md5 sum of the app....but as far as apps are concerned some apps need their specific libs..
Eg walkman app needs its specific libs to be moved to /system/libs in order to function properly....

hope i helped...
feel free to ask me..

Regards..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread