Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 44,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems after lcd replacement

Tip us?

cadshot21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems after lcd replacement

So here is the story, I dropped my note 3 and the lcd crapped out, no big deal. I bought a whole new assembly because it was easier and quicker to replace. Everything went fine, phone fired up and the screen looks great, but now i do not have mobile connection. But to throw a monkey wrench into the equation, 4g data works, but no voice. Can't call at all and soon as I lose 4g, no mobile connection at all, no data or anything. Wifi works fine, everything else does also. So my question is what is going on. Could the drop have messed something up, the assembly swap, or anything you guys could think of. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadshot21 View Post
So here is the story, I dropped my note 3 and the lcd crapped out, no big deal. I bought a whole new assembly because it was easier and quicker to replace. Everything went fine, phone fired up and the screen looks great, but now i do not have mobile connection. But to throw a monkey wrench into the equation, 4g data works, but no voice. Can't call at all and soon as I lose 4g, no mobile connection at all, no data or anything. Wifi works fine, everything else does also. So my question is what is going on. Could the drop have messed something up, the assembly swap, or anything you guys could think of. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Did u get the right assembly? For Verizon? Not sure why it would matter, but read a similar thread before and the person had used a different assembly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cadshot21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
Did u get the right assembly? Verizon? Not sure why it would matter, but read a similar thread before and the person had used a different assembly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was for the Verizon, it looked exactly the same, I might swap everything back and try to call it and see if it works. Not sure yet.