FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How do I convert a GPE to latest Developer Edition or Sense 6 rom

2nd June 2014, 01:25 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks in advance for any help... I've searched and come up empty in terms of up-to-date stuff. I'm super-cid, unlocked bootloader, s-off (phone came that way off a private sale) with a RUU conversion to GPE. I want to take advantage of the sense 6 update especially the new battery saving mode. Really wondering weather:

1- downgrading firmware is still a thing coming from GPE and going to the latest Sense 6 roms
2- Weather I should use an RUU or try flashing a custom recovery and a wrong
3- Weather there's any other watch-outs I should know

2nd June 2014, 02:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Change your CID/MID accordingly for Dev edition and run the http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa....22.1540.1.exe

This will get you going all the way to Sense 6 with a few updates. Do not LOCK boot loader or turn S-ON
9th June 2014, 04:23 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks! I tried this and got an ruu fail. My phone was left in a weird version of the recovery/fastboot screen that said ruu but I rebooted and it was fine. Just not sure if I should try again.
9th June 2014, 05:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by komienski

Thanks! I tried this and got an ruu fail. My phone was left in a weird version of the recovery/fastboot screen that said ruu but I rebooted and it was fine. Just not sure if I should try again.

Without further details can't help
9th June 2014, 07:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Quote:

Based on the google searches I've done, this is normal. The HTC RUU installation never actually finishes. You just need to wait until the progress bar stops moving, make a coffee, then reboot and hope you haven't just bricked the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Without further details can't help

See above--what happened to him is normal.
10th June 2014, 05:01 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Just to clarify it rebooted back into the previous (gpe) system. Flashing the ruu failed with a message about getting the correct one for my phone, which is odd because I am supercid and s-off.
10th June 2014, 05:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,902

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just to clarify it rebooted back into the previous (gpe) system. Flashing the ruu failed with a message about getting the correct one for my phone, which is odd because I am supercid and s-off.

Change cid to BS_US001 and make sure mid is PN0712000

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread