Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 37,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apk installer / uninstaller gone?!

Tip us?

terra_byte_tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Apk installer / uninstaller gone?!

I didn't even get the notification of an update and now I can't install /uninstall sideloaded apps. Apps that are installed through the Amazon app store are perfectly fine however. Can someone please confirm this change?

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda premium

evilgrin98
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra_byte_tech View Post
I didn't even get the notification of an update and now I can't install /uninstall sideloaded apps. Apps that are installed through the Amazon app store are perfectly fine however. Can someone please confirm this change?

I'm all updated and can still sideload apps. Please confirm whether Settings / Applications / Apps from Unknown Sources is still set to "On". If not, re-enable. If so, we'll need some more details about which update you're on and what you're trying to do in order to be helpful.

terra_byte_tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgrin98 View Post
I'm all updated and can still sideload apps. Please confirm whether Settings / Applications / Apps from Unknown Sources is still set to "On". If not, re-enable. If so, we'll need some more details about which update you're on and what you're trying to do in order to be helpful.
Software version:13.3.2.2
Apps from unknown sources is ON
last update: April 1st

WTF

I first noticed something was wrong when f-droid would crash every time I would attempt to install an app from there. After that I tried installing from ES-file manager and when I tap on the apk it says "sorry, no application available".

failed1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra_byte_tech View Post
Software version:13.3.2.2
Apps from unknown sources is ON
last update: April 1st

WTF

I first noticed something was wrong when f-droid would crash every time I would attempt to install an app from there. After that I tried installing from ES-file manager and when I tap on the apk it says "sorry, no application available".

Still works for me.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

terra_byte_tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone have a solution yet? I'm still dealing with robots problem even though my kindle recently updated.
I'm thinking a fake update for the package installer somehow got through. (Not sure how though) here's a screenshot of the settings page.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402374438149.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	2790234