Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do i get the official update for jellybean?

Tip us?
 
lewisb246
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default How do i get the official update for jellybean?

Hi im back on the android hype and ive gone and brought a samsung galaxy tab2 GTp5100 (3g version) and im currenly running software 4.0.4 ICS and it says ive not got an update so i want to know how i get jellybean or which ever is the latest software for my tablet (WITHOUT ROOTING) please thanks

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
 
lewisb246
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb246 View Post
Hi im back on the android hype and ive gone and brought a samsung galaxy tab2 GTp5100 (3g version) and im currenly running software 4.0.4 ICS and it says ive not got an update so i want to know how i get jellybean or which ever is the latest software for my tablet (WITHOUT ROOTING) please thanks

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
Sorry if its the wrong section noob at work here

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
 
luxpiotr
Old
#3  
luxpiotr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 135
Join Date: Jan 2013
Download official rom from:
Code:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P5100
or
Code:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/?
and flash it by Odin program.
Personaly I think Android without root is *** Generally Tab2 have horrible lags and should bee boost by custom modifications...
I recommend you use new custom roms with KK 4.4.2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII I9100
ROM: NeatROM v5.5
Kernel: Apolo 4.13 Regular
 
lewisb246
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2011
Ok i am thinking about root could you give me some links to a tutorial of how to root this device an what i neeed to get kitkat

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
 
tokenpoke
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 513
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb246 View Post
Ok i am thinking about root could you give me some links to a tutorial of how to root this device an what i neeed to get kitkat

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
Easiest way is to just flash a custom recovery with Odin and installing a custom Rom.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
 
lewisb246
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2011
All thuis rooting is pretty new to me do i need to root to update using sammobile.?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
 
njstein
Old
#7  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 1,321
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb246 View Post
All thuis rooting is pretty new to me do i need to root to update using sammobile.?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk
No. Sammobile is for official (Samsung) builds. One can use Odin without root. Sammobile even gives the steps to get it done. Achieving root grants you access to ALL files (system and otherwise) so one can flash custom ROM's and other mods. Of course, having that kind of access means you can brick your Tab as well. I really suggest reading as much as you can about root and custom ROM's before you do such a thing. Knowledge is power when it comes to the root game.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...