OP KingOfThaJungle

10th June 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 675

825 posts
More
Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!
10th June 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Carpathia
Thanks Meter: 132

486 posts
Donate to Me
More
Check the SGS5 international threads, you'll find plenty there. They're cross compatible with your device.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omegajester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #3  
T-Mobile, USA
Thanks Meter: 186

539 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle

Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!

Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to github For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 675

825 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by github

Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.

Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?
11th June 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 930

3,138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle

Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?

Not sure what you mean by "stock custom ROMS". Anything in the international section that is compatible with the G900F (almost all of them) are compatible with our phone. Every single one except the ones that are made for the G900H, the exynos model.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread