Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] Forum Fiend

Tip us?

ssenemosewa
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastecklein View Post
When you save as draft, it should re-populate the new post screen when you start a new post again in the same category. I will add the side menu to the WebView section and see what I can do about the non-working forums. Thanks for the info and the feedback!
And thanks to you for a great app and the quick response! Much better (in both respects) than the folks at Tapatalk IMHO.

I didn't think to try posting again to get the draft back...but it makes sense.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the next round of testing.

skokielad
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Bug: Subscribed xda topics list keeps going blank. Clearing cache solves it only temporarily.

Sent from my HTC One M8 on VZW using Forum Fiend v1.2.7

jknarf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Feature request: please add subscribed sub forums.
In small communities ff is really awesome, but in communities like xda it's a Pita.
Beside from that, ff is really the better tapatalk.

Cheers

Sent from my LT30p using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

bastecklein
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Forum Fiend has just been updated again with the following changes:
  • New Theme Options - Forum theme options have been greatly expanded. You can now alter the accent color, background color, text color, forum element color/visibility, forum wallpaper, and turn on/off forum icons/avatars.
  • App can now be installed/moved to SD card
  • Kit Kat(+) devices now run in tint the status and nav bars with forum theme color
  • Added Favorites list (bookmarks) for forums.
  • Added more functionality to forums viewed in the Web View (non-tapatalk forums)
  • Various bug fixes
A full change log is available in-app. As always, I will keep making improvements until I get Forum Fiend right. Thanks again to everybody for suggestions and support!
Current Projects

Forum Fiend (Android) - Tapatalk compatible mobile forum reader app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733755

Android String Translator (Windows) - A Windows utility that will automatically localize Android string resources using machine translation.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52373204
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bastecklein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jknarf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
First:
Maybe it's only today. But on xda ff is very slow. On my other boards it works fast enough.
Second: The favorite shows on last level forum. Ie: xda→ xperia t, tl, tx, v(fav)→ xperia t android development(fav)
In this case ff show only the last favorite with others I had also favored this sub forum.

Third: It will be nice, that I can see the topic while I wrote an answer.

So far so good.
Thanks for the great work. :

Sent from my LT30p using Forum Fiend v1.2.8.

xdamigg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if u could implement little heads as smilies... im there

User_99
Old
(Last edited by User_99; 11th June 2014 at 07:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 913
Default [APP][4.0+] Forum Fiend

Quote:
one more thing... a cool-to-have-down-the-road feature request: change pages by swiping the screen left or right.
+1
That's a good Suggestion.

How about app translation? I can do the German translation of the app.

In landscape mode I do not know what users are shown on right side. Can I hide them to get more space for the threads?

In portrait mode - I personally use them most - it's difficult to recognice if there are more unreaded pages left. Maybe a different icon to show that there are some unreaded pages are available could be a solution.

Device: Sony Ericsson xPeria Arc S -- Rom: CM10Hasty@10-11-2013 -- Base: CM 10 - Linaro/O3/BIONIC Optimization - GCC 4.9 -- Radio: 77 -- Kernel: 2.6.32.60
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-7000 -- Rom: Paranoid 2.56@20-12-2012 -- Base: CM 10-PA -- Radio: BOLT1 -- Kernel: Stock-PA
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5100 -- Rom: Stock 4.1.2 -- Base: Stock -- Radio: Stock -- Kernel: Stock