Galaxy Note 2 Help please

OP MerlinTT

8th June 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hello everyone!

I thought I bought a unlocked phone from Fry's electronics! but it ended up as a AT&T SGH-i317 Galaxy note 2
I tried to take it back but they said the only way it to buy an international phone??

what I got is a Galaxy note 2 SGH-i317 AT&T android version 4.1.2

can anyone tell me the very best way to root this phone and the best custom recovery app for this phone and also
is there a stable or should I say the best reliable rom to use for this phone

I can see all the post for all this for this phone but I wish to only do this once
and not like all the apps I did on my old htc evo 4g

Thanks for all the help and advice
Bill
9th June 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Rooting
yes I have gone through and have read all the post I can about rooting this Samsung Galaxy note 2 SGH-i317

I see two ways of rooting
1 using the program Odin
2 ExynosAbuse-v1.40
3 then there is this one here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-t-note2.html

I am sure there are other way I have seen on the web. But then we read about this knox thing about rooting
then ExynosAbuse says that way is the most secure way, safe from hackers
does this mean the other ways of rooting open your phone up for hackers to get in??

I am SORRY I can not write code I am not a computer or cell phone geek (brainy person in the computer world)
but I do not wish to brick, mess up my new phone!
So I am here to ask the question what is the best way to root and why

my aim is to get rid of the AT&T stuff I also would like to install a custom recovery / boot loader and a stable custom rom
on my Galaxy note 2! like I had with my old phone htc evo 4g
but from what I have read on the web it seem the Samsung phones have issues with rooting then the htc evo 4g did

so my I politely ask for help and information on this rooting of the Galaxy Note 2
to me so far number 3 from about seems good but then for safety I got to go number 2 from above??

HELP PLEASE
Bill
10th June 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Root is done
well I rooted my phone as I have gotten no advice from here allot of peek-a-boos I see
I tried the Odin way but I kept getting a c++ error from both of my computers and the program had to be shut down?? oh well
then I tried the Skipsoft toolkit and that got it done
now is there any one out here that is a rom installing maniac?? Could you tell me please what rom out there that is fully functional and
stable like the stock rom on this Samsung galaxy not 2 SGH-i317 is!
my reason is to have a clean system on my phone with no AT&T gunk while I am on T mobile service
is there any help or advice for this or am I posting to dead air

Bill
10th June 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,606

4,304 posts
More
Use CF auto root....found in the development section under the same name...

Verify that you are using root for the 4.1.2 firmware..and done...

Don't use those odd root methods or you'll have issues...

CF auto root is the root standard for this device...

Once rooted...you will want to flash a custom recovery and make a full nandroid backup of the device...(I use TWRP recovery...but you can use CWM as well without issue)

Both recoveries are also available in the development section in their respective threads ...

Store that backup on PC so you don't lose it to bad sd cards or deletion...

And do "NOT" upgrade your bootloader....or you'll never be able to go back to pure stock later if desired...

Read read read...and go slowly for comprehension...

Happy flashing....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread