Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 43,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock Screen Lag/Delay/Unresponsive?

Tip us?

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billt4spd View Post
I have a FIX FELLAS! After 5 re-flashes..... going to stock.... re-loading all my apps (A Whole lot), flashing different versions of the blaze kernel, and going insane. Raw2000j suggested a fix I really thought was another goose chase. Here is the fix....... Flash the Faux 003 Kernel for S5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737704 . Uninstall all kernel apps.... setcpu, faux, trickster mod..... all that crap. Reboot the darn phone......... FIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXEEEEEDDDD! FIXED! Hellz yeah........ I will take my thanks by you pressing the thank you button at the bottom left of the screen. Guys...... spread the work..... They cannot keep us down when we stick together and help our fellow modder's. Raw helped me...... I spent hr's pist over this and begging people to help me...... so please help someone else guys! Make sure you help at least one person..... Or it just isn't right, and you are a greedy, horrible person..... Thanks..... Billt4spd

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Read my new post fella!
I run stock and unrooted, on jump program cannot trip Knox. So this is no solution for people like me. On another note, I can reproduce problem after streaming music via bluetooth for forty minutes, so…

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Asus Transformer Prime/LG G3/Samsung Note 3
Stock Radio latest version
Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10

Billt4spd
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Angry Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvveith View Post
I run stock and unrooted, on jump program cannot trip Knox. So this is no solution for people like me. On another note, I can reproduce problem after streaming music via bluetooth for forty minutes, so…

Search the forum for the thread that would allow root without a KNOX trip...... yes.... there is one now. By the way..... screw it...... who gives 2 craps anyway..... just get it over with. Oh! Hey, T-mobile has not released the new firmware, buy you can odin it and not trip KNOX becaus it is a factory update...... good hook-up for ya bro..... and flash the old nch modem when you are done because it is twice as fast. That is why they will not release it.... because the modem in the new one is slower...... but you will not trip COCX.... I mean knox (Sorry...lol!) by only Odining factory firmware fella. Turn off.... Geo News and S Health..... also, turn off battery saver. That is all you can do bro..... My issue is gone...... thank you GOD!

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation I don't know of a non trip Knox root method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billt4spd View Post
Search the forum for the thread that would allow root without a KNOX trip...... yes.... there is one now. By the way..... screw it...... who gives 2 craps anyway..... just get it over with. Oh! Hey, T-mobile has not released the new firmware, buy you can odin it and not trip KNOX becaus it is a factory update...... good hook-up for ya bro..... and flash the old nch modem when you are done because it is twice as fast. That is why they will not release it.... because the modem in the new one is slower...... but you will not trip COCX.... I mean knox (Sorry...lol!) by only Odining factory firmware fella. Turn off.... Geo News and S Health..... also, turn off battery saver. That is all you can do bro..... My issue is gone...... thank you GOD!
It is my understanding that the new s5's are hardwired with the Knox in a chip, maybe I was misinformed? As far as I know right now, any root method will trip Knox. As far as the factory update goes, reading the small list of problems it addresses, this one (black screen), is not addressed. Furthermore, the problem does not seem to affect everybody who is using this phone. So, what is needed is some sort of identifying number to determine if it's one certain production version, to narrow down exactly what is wrong. At this point I can reproduce the problem without fail when streaming music via bluetooth (pandora), for an extended period of time then trying to access the screen. Another issue with the streaming via bluetooth to a car radio is if the screen is off for an extended period, the music stream will occasionally start to hiccup or stutter. The problem goes away after about fifteen seconds but still, could it also be related to the problem? Who knows? I'm sure some even more geeky and learned than myself will probably get to the root of the issue if they also experience this specific problem. Until then, I will wait and see if Samsung or T Mobile address it. If not.....Jump! After all I did not buy a phone to constantly be diagnosing it, fixing it, trying this and that, paying hundreds of dollars for on top of monthly fees to use it, I bought it to use and get on with my duty's in life.

Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:

They don't check.

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 168
New firmware available. Ane6

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by em0ney14 View Post
New firmware available. Ane6

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
NE5 fixed it. NE6 is just the proper modem.

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation They have been checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
They don't check.
You may not be aware of several people including myself where they do check, and were denied without additional fees. The more you know.

Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10
The Following User Says Thank You to vvveith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
You may not be aware of several people including myself where they do check, and were denied without additional fees. The more you know.
This is probably against xda rules, but couldn't you just do a warranty exchange to get one that hasn't been tripped then jump?

scorchedsky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I'm hoping the fact this thread hasn't been bumped in a while means fewer people are experiencing this bug...

Personally, I haven't seen it since updating to NE5 firmware with the Alliance B2 ROM (I'm guessing NE5 fixes the problem)...just a word of advice to anyone that hasn't updated and is still experiencing this intermittently...

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Smile Did the trick for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchedsky View Post
I'm hoping the fact this thread hasn't been bumped in a while means fewer people are experiencing this bug...

Personally, I haven't seen it since updating to NE5 firmware with the Alliance B2 ROM (I'm guessing NE5 fixes the problem)...just a word of advice to anyone that hasn't updated and is still experiencing this intermittently...
Everything is cool now, except the ****ty LTE speed near my house, best I can get is 4M up and down. Cleveland west side sucks, but I know it is location now because I can get slamming speeds 37 or better just three miles away!

Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10