Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xoom lost connection from 3G never came back

Tip us?

r1nstang
Old
(Last edited by r1nstang; 9th June 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Xoom lost connection from 3G never came back

I've had my verizon xoom for a few years now. bought it off ebay...it was sold as parts. They guy said it wouldnt power on. Turns out his charger was bad. Fired right up. Anyways. I used to get 3G signal ALL the time on it with no issues. No sim card, never activated on any service (im sure he deactivated it on his....in fact when i called verizon a few weeks ago making sure it wasnt blacklisted they showed it as still be activated on his account). But about 6 months ago the 3g signal disappeared never to be seen again. I rarely use it, but i do tinker around with it...running different ROMs and such. Tried many different ROMs to see if that would fix it...with no luck. I'm now running Omni Rom 4.4.2 Big File partition ROM. runs great. but i just wish I could get that 3G signal back.It was very handy when the power went out and no wifi.
I've gone into settings and poked around with no luck. even going to "powering on BP" mode (power button, hold volume up..then hold volume down) and it boots up and gives me the Moto app "Field Utils" Program menu I get "process com.android.phone has stopped" So does the Field Test Screen. I know its not a phone. but according to a few websites i've come across its possible to get into that menu on the tablet and enter 000000000 for the number.
anyone got any suggestions? or ideas on why it just suddenly cut out?

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1nstang View Post
I've had my verizon xoom for a few years now. bought it off ebay...it was sold as parts. They guy said it wouldnt power on. Turns out his charger was bad. Fired right up. Anyways. I used to get 3G signal ALL the time on it with no issues. No sim card, never activated on any service (im sure he deactivated it on his....in fact when i called verizon a few weeks ago making sure it wasnt blacklisted they showed it as still be activated on his account). But about 6 months ago the 3g signal disappeared never to be seen again. I rarely use it, but i do tinker around with it...running different ROMs and such. Tried many different ROMs to see if that would fix it...with no luck. I'm now running Omni Rom 4.4.2 Big File partition ROM. runs great. but i just wish I could get that 3G signal back.It was very handy when the power went out and no wifi.
I've gone into settings and poked around with no luck. even going to "powering on BP" mode (power button, hold volume up..then hold volume down) and it boots up and gives me the Moto app "Field Utils" Program menu I get "process com.android.phone has stopped" So does the Field Test Screen. I know its not a phone. but according to a few websites i've come across its possible to get into that menu on the tablet and enter 000000000 for the number.
anyone got any suggestions? or ideas on why it just suddenly cut out?
Did you update to stock JB build at any point? If so, that's your problem. I've posted a thread with a fix here in the Q&A section.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

r1nstang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
Did you update to stock JB build at any point? If so, that's your problem. I've posted a thread with a fix here in the Q&A section.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks Ill search around for it.