Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device not booting after flashing wrong kernel

Tip us?

vasind.jindal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device not booting after flashing wrong kernel

I unlocked bootloader nd rooted my xperia ion. And after that i accidentally flashed kernel of xperia P cyanogenmod. Now the phone does not boot. I mean it just keeps on vibrating. What to do?? Is it soft bricked?? The phone is not connecting in fastboot mode,otherwise i would have flashed the appropriate kernel for the particular rom. I followed the routine procedure of pressing volume up button nd connecting the usb cable.

darknessmc
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasind.jindal View Post
I unlocked bootloader nd rooted my xperia ion. And after that i accidentally flashed kernel of xperia P cyanogenmod. Now the phone does not boot. I mean it just keeps on vibrating. What to do?? Is it soft bricked?? The phone is not connecting in fastboot mode,otherwise i would have flashed the appropriate kernel for the particular rom. I followed the routine procedure of pressing volume up button nd connecting the usb cable.
Flash stock kernel from stock.ftf with flashtool on flashmod

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to darknessmc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gold_Phenix
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Try long press power button and volume up and wait when phone 3 times vibrations then connect phone in fastboot mode and flash correct kernel. Remember cm or fxp kernel don't work with sock rom or Rom who based on sock rom. If that don't help use flash tool or Emma. That's work on Xperia S . If I help use thanks button.

Wysłane z mojego LT26i przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Gold_Phenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]