[Q] LG E980 bricked during interr. OTA on rooted stock phone. AT&T want to go stock

OP phideauxiii

8th June 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello All!

Call me completely retarded if it's warranted, i'm usually better with these things. here is the current situation:

(1) LG E-980 Optimus G Pro - Stock AT&T ROM. Never an OTA updade, purchased 01/2014 in MD, USA.
TWRP v2.6.3.0 installed. Rooted. SuperSU and busybox, current. TWRP "restore" does not restore from the full backup i had performed. Stuck in a boootloop between "LG Logo, and then quickly in the top right corner "Secure Boot Error Cause: Device UnLock, So Boot Success!!!" and then it's off to TWRP in recovery. Any advice there would be foremost appreciated, as that'd allow me to properly restore to pre-brick state, and install CWM, if it's more reliable, etc.

I can get into Download mode, and have followed THIS post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302660

but I had problems getting my laptop to assign the cell a "COM Port"

and besides Download Mode, there's ADB Sideload in TWRP thats usable, no? should I use this and how is this possible?

I've a few backups, TWRP and CWG, and also a stock .tot and .dll from the above mentioned thread. Does anybody know how to get past the "secure Boot Error" bootloop and get ANY ROM installed? ANY help would be much appreciated!

I've been at it at least ten hours, and realized I probably should have asked here fist banging my head against the wall, this is a wonderful phone, and i'd hate to see it dead, i mean it's literally ALL there still. TWRP recovery has a file manager.

On my desktop (and on the device) the TWRP back-up files are there, just shy of four GB, and i've also grabbed the stock .tot file, and i would LOVE someone to give me a hand straightening this particular mess out, and i'll offer another a quid pro quo in a field i'm vastly more well-versed in.

Thank you for reading the FNG's post. Greetings!

Ryan
10th June 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
More
you got in download mode by pressing volume keys and pluging in usb?
coz it dosent work for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread