Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera not working, gallary stopped working I9000

Tip us?

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Camera reesolution.

I had this problem on CM11 4.4.2 (May 17 was latest I've used). Changed the setting for camera "picture quality (75%)" to "fine" and no probs with crashes (camera, video or panorama). I would get crashes (reboots, not just app crashes) before with any of these, but not every time. I don't remember the "picture quality" before I changed it, but it was much higher.

Also was getting Facebook video uploads stalling (often, but not all the time). It would go into "Processing Video" and not end. That is still an issue.

OTOH, CM11 4.4.3 is just now appearing in nightlies, so some of these issues may be fixed by the time I flash...

Tom.

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasso32 View Post
I had this problem on CM11 4.4.2 (May 17 was latest I've used). Changed the setting for camera "picture quality (75%)" to "fine" and no probs with crashes (camera, video or panorama). I would get crashes (reboots, not just app crashes) before with any of these, but not every time. I don't remember the "picture quality" before I changed it, but it was much higher.

Also was getting Facebook video uploads stalling (often, but not all the time). It would go into "Processing Video" and not end. That is still an issue.

OTOH, CM11 4.4.3 is just now appearing in nightlies, so some of these issues may be fixed by the time I flash...

Tom.
I flashed CM11 M7 snapshot, and the camera, video and panorama are now well behaved.

No other problems, except Handcent SMS disappeared with the flash). A couple of "insufficient storage available" for some app updates. Cleaned up bits of /data/app-lib and /data/data (or was is /datadata).

Facebook video uploads STILL hangs most times ("Processing Video"). Tom.