Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 49,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen mirroring and root

Tip us?

mark2222
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Screen mirroring and root

Evening all, I've just been using screen mirroring for the first time and every 10 minutes roughly it just stops and the TV goes back to a channel. I have rooted and wonder could that cause this?

gareth261987
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2222 View Post
Evening all, I've just been using screen mirroring for the first time and every 10 minutes roughly it just stops and the TV goes back to a channel. I have rooted and wonder could that cause this?
Hmm could this be a setting on your tv? I cannot find a setting on my phone which would cause this. Are you using a stock rom?

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2222 View Post
I've had the same thing happen to me stock or rooted it looses sync and just stops after 5 minutes. I think it's because samsung doesn't really care about casting with all the other viable and way cheaper options out there i think the left it just because. The reason I'm saying this is because there's been no improvement since the s3. It's still as laggy. That's just my opinion. I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mark2222
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Stock rom, annoying thing is that it wasn't lagging on my ue46f6670, just stops after a while.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

homer285
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Screen Mirroring for me has not worked at all even on stock, doesnt even find the TV in scan, the few times it has found my samsung smart TV it cannot connect or it says connected but nothing is shown on TV, whereas my Z1 connects instantly. In fact only my Z1 works all other devices I have tried do not.
M7 Red, G3 D855 Titan, Z1 Black