{Q} Backing up kernel

OP thenorm89

10th June 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

178 posts
More
Hello, I did a small search and couldn't find anything related to the g2. I'm trying to back up My current kernel which is stock 4.4.2 d80020k, and create it into a flashbacks zip. I'm rooted with twrp installed. Thanks for any tips.

Edit: what I think I'm looking for are the adb commands, dd. Just not sure on the exact path and command name. I don't want twrp to be my only option.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Last edited by thenorm89; 10th June 2014 at 08:35 AM.
19th June 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

178 posts
More
Bump, anyone?

19th June 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,486

2,538 posts
More
hey man I don't know the dd for the getting stock kernel out of phone all I know is you need the kernel dev block and adb shell, but I have the 20k kernel here only thing is I am not too sure if it flashes correctly since I could not try it because am on g3 rom currently, good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 347

685 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorm89

Hello, I did a small search and couldn't find anything related to the g2. I'm trying to back up My current kernel which is stock 4.4.2 d80020k, and create it into a flashbacks zip. I'm rooted with twrp installed. Thanks for any tips.

Edit: what I think I'm looking for are the adb commands, dd. Just not sure on the exact path and command name. I don't want twrp to be my only option.

Since your using twrp using root browser or something similar go into sdcard then twrp then backups then the next folder which is named with a bunch of numbers and letters and copy the boot.emmc.win and paste it into another folder and rename it to boot.img the then you now have a copy of your kernel and now all you need is flashify from the play store and open it and choose flash boot image find where you stored the boot image click on it and it will flash the boot image and you'll be back to the original kernel you can also plug your phone into your computer and drag the boot image to your computer to have it stored off your phone hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread