GPS and Navigation problem

OP dangtien1980

10th June 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi every one.

My phone is LG D802 in Vietnam and I have a problem with the phone's GPS. I searched on internet and XDA, many people are experiencing the same problem. It takes really long time to get locked during navigation and constantly loosing satellite locks. Therefore, it is inpossible to navigate. I try various various proposed methods, but the problem still persist. It happens even before i upgraded to KitKat
Can some one tell me what ROM does not have GPS issues so that I can flash ? i saw too many ROMs available and have no ideas which one has GPS working fine.

I asked for ROMs because I have tested many cases and it does not appear to be hardware issue. Many thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
10th June 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 340

1,523 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangtien1980

Hi every one.

My phone is LG D802 in Vietnam and I have a problem with the phone's GPS. I searched on internet and XDA, many people are experiencing the same problem. It takes really long time to get locked during navigation and constantly loosing satellite locks. Therefore, it is inpossible to navigate. I try various various proposed methods, but the problem still persist. It happens even before i upgraded to KitKat
Can some one tell me what ROM does not have GPS issues so that I can flash ? i saw too many ROMs available and have no ideas which one has GPS working fine.

I asked for ROMs because I have tested many cases and it does not appear to be hardware issue. Many thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

You ask for ROMS, but do you sincerely believe there will be a ROM out there with a known GPS problem? And still to be downloaded, used?
Not speaking about WIP ROMs or Alfa , Beta etc...

I did not see any special ROM with something like "Ultra GPS Lock ROM, the one on which GPS works, all others don't"

And since you said you had this problem also on JB, why you would assume this is a SW problem?

And you ruled out HW problem only cuz of a case?
I would really bring in the device to the Repair center and ask them to look at it before you go on fixing and rooting, and rooming if that is possible.

My advice, if the GPS Status apps on Play don't help you. Before you root, try to get it exchanged.
If you are not already rooted I would save up custom stuffs and fixes, and radios and bla bla bla for the end.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread